I-751 February 2008 Filers

MasterArcht

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my I-751 application today to Vermont Service Center. Those of you who filed or will file in Feb 08, please join and post your timelines and experiences. Good luck to all.

We mailed our (joint) I-751 petition to TSC on 01/25/08. Received at TSC on 01/29/08. Check cleared on 02/07/08. We could see an EAC# written on it, dated on 02/05/08. Our case must have been transfered to VSC.
Waiting for NOA, now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't now what EAC means. I have, however, read on this forum that the cases getting the EAC# written on their checks are being processed in VSC. In contrast, those getting the WAC# are processed in CSC.

I guess E from EAC# means East or something like that, whereas W from WAC# means West. Just guessing... BTW, Nebraska (NSC) and Texas (TSC) have not been processing I-751 for a while, all their I-751 cases currently being transfered to CSC and VSC.

Hope someone reading this post can give us a better (well) founded idea of what those acronyms mean.

Evidence

I have a dumb question...do we need to send originals or copies of the evidence of joint life for the I-751 filing?

Thanks,

SS

Always send copies, just copies. Never send originals unless they specifically ask you for them.

What does EAC mean? Is that why you think it has been transferred to Vermont?

From a California Service Center guidelines pdf file that I found here is something:

http://www.region12.nafsa.org/CSC_Guidelines_5-03.pdf (PAGE 7)

ADJUDICATIONS
Fee receipts produced by the five Service Centers begin with the following letters:
EAC/ESC = Vermont Service Center (VSC)
LIN/NSC = Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
RC/SSC = Texas Service Center (TSC)
WAC/WSC = California Service Center (CSC)
MSC = Missouri Service Center (MSC)
A WAC or WSC fee receipt number indicates that an application and/or petition has been filed
or has been rejected at the California Service Center.

From other forum:
WAC: (Western Adjudication Center) Califonia Service Center
EAC: (Eastern Adjudication Center) Vermont Service Center
LIN: Lincon Nebraska
SRC: (Southern Regional Center, I guess) Texas Service Center

filing 751

hi there, i/we will be filing sometime by the end of the month. just needed to make sure of one question one the 751, the criminal activity question one, making sure it applied to only post gc life. i will post when i have actually sent it out. ty. this forums been pretty good to us. we wanna than you guys/gals. theres a wealth ofinfo in these forums dealing with what can be very overwhelming immigration issues.

Quick question on I-751

I'm starting to get research the I-751 filing. My question is this: Do you really have to get fingerprinted again? I mean, it seems like they just did it a couple of years a go when I filed my I-485.

Anyone?

I'm starting to get research the I-751 filing. My question is this: Do you really have to get fingerprinted again? I mean, it seems like they just did it a couple of years a go when I filed my I-485.

Anyone?

Yes you will be Fp again, dont know why they do it maybe to keep the prints in a seperate database.. who knows... look at the bright side... u'll know when u are FP ur case is almost approved...lol...\

FYI.. no name check mess here....

Mailed I-751 Package 2/7/08 to NSC

Mailed I-751 Package to NSC 2/7/08
Delivered 2/11/08
Checks Cleared 2/14/08
Received Notice for Biometrics Notice Day 2/22/08
Biometrics 3/14/08
WAC Receipt #. I guess it was transfered to California. I am in Seattle.
Biometrics Done on 3/14/08 - The lady at check in told me it takes about 18 months for these applications to be approved after fingerprinting, and instructed me how to renew after the one-year NOA form expires.
This doesn't seem right because many here have been approved just a month or two after finger printing...

5/12/08 On May 12, 2008, we ordered production of your new card

Less than 2 months after fingerprinting....no hassle!

Last edited by a moderator:
If check is cashed and you do not receive any NOA by march 15th which is unusual for VSC take an infopass and get a stamp on your passport.
If you look carefully on cashed check image you can see your EAC# which is the one for 1st NOA extending ur residency status.
For online status you need to use the FP NOA and that is the only one which will work. The other one is not going to be available online. If you read your both NOA's carefully it is mentioned at the bottom.

How long for VSC to cash checks?

Hi folks, I was wondering how many days on average it takes Vermont Service Center to cash checks and send the receipt for I-751 applications? I've been waiting for 4 days and am curious.

Hi MasterArcht -

I filed with the VSC in January. Here's my timeline so far:

1/15 - Sent I-751
1/18 - I-751 Received by VSC
1/26 - Received NOA, extending GC one year
1/29 - Check cleared in bank account
2/4 - received ASC Notice for Biometrics Appt on 2/25

Hope this helps.