I-751 December filers

Did you ask for a stamp because your conditional GC was expiring soon or just in case you stay outside of the country for a bit longer than expected?

My GC expired today and I leave for vacation in two weeks. But even if your GC doesn't expire soon, as long as your I-751 case is pending..you should be able to get the stamp.

Still waiting very anxiously for the 1st NOA (1 year extension)

Most of the posts I read received their 1st NOA/ 1 year extension between 2-3 weeks of applying. It's been 3 weeks for me, checks have been cashed and I am waiting to get the NOA.

Incase, NOA doesnot come through by end of this week, can someone suggest what my next step should be. Should I go to the DO and ask for I 551stamp in my passport. As a backup, I have taken a Infopass appointment for Feb 28.

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Called USCIS-Great experience. Very relieved.

I just called USCIS. Very pleasently surprised. Didnot had to wait listening to music.

CSR informed that I would need a receipt number. I tried guessing it from the barely legible online copy of the check. Using that number, he couldnot find it. He however transferred me to a very courteous officer.

The officer asked for the details, gave me the receipt number. He said that it can take upto 30 days after cashing the check. When I asked, about the possibility of not receiving a receipt notice by March 15th (day when GC expires), he suggested that I should go to local DO and get a stamp in my Passport using the receipt number he gave me. He repeatedly assured me that I was in good shape.

Great experience. Very relieved.

Thanks again to all you guys for all insight and support

Hi all, did not realize up till now that USCIS has updated the processing times on 15th. It’s depressing to see VSC still processing Mar 1st applications.

Below are the processing dates as per the USCIS processing times!

Calif SC: Aug 19th 2007
Nebraska SC: July 05 2006(Yes that' correct 2006)
Texas SC: April 26th 2007
Vermont SC: Mar 1st 2007(Hasn't moved in the last 2 months)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to mail my I-751 at the end of march. A lot of people talk about their Infopass appointments. Is that something you have to do or what is it for? Should everybody do that?
Thanks

Obtained I-551 Stamp in Passport

As per the suggestion of bunnybugs and officer at USCIS 800 number, I got my passport stamped (I-551 stamp valid for a year).

The lady at the counter pointed out that USCIS didnot have my most upto date address on file. Recommended filling out AR-11. I believe I had sent an AR-11 when I moved couple of years back. I will do that again.

Can USCIS issue a duplicate copy of I-751. Will they treat I-551 stamp as acceptable (in lieu of physical I-751 receipt. I have the receipt number) when I go for fingerprinting. Now awaiting the finger printing notice.

Biometrics Appointment on Saturday?

I got my Biometrics Appointment Notice today for March 8th. It will be in Hartford, CT. But when I checked to see what day March 8th is, I realized to my surprise today it is a Saturday. I didn't know USCIS District Offices work on Saturdays. Is this a mistake? Or has anybody actually done biometrics or visited a USCIS office on Saturday before? Please let me know.

Well well returning from vacations and found that there are not much of an updates from us...for sure they are looking at citizenship applications or other type than ours...

I did my biometrics last week before I went on my trip.

The security guard at the entrance will ask for your green card and even the ASC appointment does not state so...and here is the trick, they can ask about it because guess what? by law you suppose to carry it all the time...so no buts here...regardless of what you do, do not, if you agree or not...I am not going to start a discussion about that matter. The point is that they are asking for your green card and you need your A# number too because you must fill out a form inside.

My ACS appointment states "code3" check on your appointment if states so, they took same as the first time, all my fingers all that...and a picture -thank goodness I wash my hair and was pretty! :) hehehe.

I wait 30min outside and there were like 20 people in front of me and even so the entire process of taking the fingerprints and the picture was less than 15min, they took an hour to call my number because the people who were for I-90's and need biometrics too were getting ahead of the line...it was very annoying.

I got my Biometrics Appointment Notice today for March 8th. It will be in Hartford, CT. But when I checked to see what day March 8th is, I realized to my surprise today it is a Saturday. I didn't know USCIS District Offices work on Saturdays. Is this a mistake? Or has anybody actually done biometrics or visited a USCIS office on Saturday before? Please let me know.

I answered your question here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1869761&posted=1#post1869761

Finally, ASC arrived

Finally, I got my ASC appointment notice today after almost 2 months of waiting.I am scheduled for March 22nd (almost 1 month of waiting again) which is on Saturday, as it was my first ASC as well.
The case number shows up online.

Jane Green, it's your turn to get yours.

Cherr, welcome back :)

My updates:

12/26/07- I751 Application Sent to NSC
12/29/07- Application Received
01/04/08- 1 year extension Received
01/11/08- Biometric Appointment Letter for 01/29/2008
01/29/08 - Biometrics done
01/30/08- Last Update Seen on Website as "Case received and pending".
03/06/08- Status Updated to "Card Production Ordered"

Hope it helps..

We haven't heard anything from Princesstake and Meers...would be good to know if they are already approved.

Congrats Salina!

Salina, is the date on your GC same date as your I-751 approval date, or your 2-yr GC expiration date?

Well I still haven't got my approval yet... getting paranoid now. It has been 2 months since I took the biometrics. My GC is expiring in 3 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Co-incidence??

Congrats Salina!

Salina, is the date on your GC same date as your I-751 approval date, or your 2-yr GC expiration date?

Well I still haven't got my approval yet... getting paranoid now. It has been 2 months since I took the biometrics. My GC is expiring in 3 days!

Now that I think of it, my 2-yr GC is expiring in 2 days!! So, I guess, it is almost on the same day the approval came through..