I-751 December filers

Someone already advised people of this but just to reiterate...

When going for your fingerprints, take your temporary greencard to avoid any problems.

I did not take mine (because I didn't have time to run home before going as I had previously planned). The lady said she could not take my fingerprints without the card as it was a necessity. I pointed out that the notice said greencards are only required for naturalization applicants. She wasn't impressed.

The lady said that she would make an exception this time but not next time (the next time I have conditions removed?!?!). I guess it wasn't a necessity after all. I was in and out in about 45 minutes.

I put a note in the comments box stating that if your temp greencard is required for I-751 applications the notice should say so.

Infopass on Tuesday

Dear all

I did Infopas for Tuesday 19th to check out what's going on with my case because I still didn't get my FP appointment. Also, I will kindly ask for a stamp in my passport.

I will be back with the news. Hope with good ones.

RareGold

Good Luck RareGold!
When I went to Bio Appt, nobody asked me for my temporary green card, maybe in depends on the place where you go. But anyways I had it with me...
Does anybody know when you sign up for change case e-mail notification, do you receive e-mail when your case is touched? Or do you receive e-mail only when you are approved?

Hi Guys,:)

Thought I'd update my timeline as I did my biometrics on the 14th of Feb!

I751 sent to VSC: 12/24/2007
Delivery Confirmation: 12/26/2007
Check cashed: 01/08/2008
1st NOA/Receipt: 01/11/2008 (Ext 1yr)
FP Letter Received: 02/06/2008
FP/Biometrics Done: 02/14/2008

Thanks all!

Does anybody know when you sign up for change case e-mail notification, do you receive e-mail when your case is touched? Or do you receive e-mail only when you are approved?

Generally you should receive e-mail when your case approved and when card/document is ordered.
I said “should” instead of “will” because my last application for Reentry Permit is still shows on-line as “application received and in process” but I already got the document and took my vacation, last year... and never got the e-mail.
Before that however, I always got e-mails promptly, right when they approved my applications, but never when it was “touched”.

on the online case tracker page, there's a section that has "Last Updated" field. What does that mean?

I went to the local INS office to get 551 stamp on my passport as I am traveling out of country in two weeks. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes...it was very easy. I took my e-ticket, the I-751 reciepts, passport and cond. GC. Just wanted to let you guys know in case anyone needs to do the same :)

I plan to do the same thing. What do you tell them when you go to the USCIS office? Do you just ask for I-551 stamp on passport for travel? Please inform.

About my infopass

Well, unfortunately I don't have good news.

The main reason for my infopass today it was to inquire about my fingerprint notice whether was sent or not. I explained to her very clearly, not once but three times, that I receive the 1st letter, the extension one and I am waiting since December for the 2nd notice for the biometrics and I am worried that might be lost on mail. "My" lady was simply out of picture and she starts explaining me that I have to wait around 6 months to be approved. I tried again to say that this is not the reason why I am here, I know very well that I have to wait, I am here to let me know if I was scheduled or not for fingerprints. Again, she said my case it seems to be ok, so I just have to wait to be approved. I couldn't believe it,could you? She acts like she never heard about biometrics.... :mad:
Of course I would prefer to ask somebody else about my case, but I didn't want to offend her...so I gave up. :(

Basically, I didn't find out anything so I just have to wait and wait. I plan to go back around middle of March, if I don't receive anything till then.

Is there anybody else besides Jane Green and me from Florida?

My GC expires at the beginning of March, so I asked for stamp what she put in my passport without any further comments. At least it was not a total waste of time.

So I can continue watching the mail day by day till I get something. I am very disappointed.

RareGold

Still waiting very anxiously for the 1st NOA (1 year extension)

My check was cashed on 12th of February. It has been over a week since then. I am nervous and waiting anxiously for getting NOA for 1 year extension. Hopefully, it's in mail and fwill find it's way to me.

Have taken a Infopass appointment as a backup for February 28th at Charlotte DO.

Thanks for sharing the information on this dynamic thread. It is a very comforting feeling to know that I am not alone in facing this.

Cher thanks again for this thread...

Your are welcome!
Well, we are in the same boat. And I have to say it has been one of the most interesting experience in my life.

At least this forum exists and the people who contribute here have a good attitude, even with all the fights that I have seen eh, most of the time is to help each other and make understand others that patience is a virtude and to read instructions carefully is an art.

I just really would like to hear about 2007 approvals from Apr/May/Jun but I haven't heard anything...

I plan to do the same thing. What do you tell them when you go to the USCIS office? Do you just ask for I-551 stamp on passport for travel? Please inform.

I just told them that I needed I-551 stamp on my passport as I am travelling out of country. And they said ok...that's it :)

Lawyer/No Lawyer

Hello,

I have to file my 751 end of March which 90 days before my temp GC expires which is end of June. I used an attorney while doing my adjustment of status which was quite uneventful. So this time around, I am planning to do it on my own. Any suggestions from anyone? Is this what you would recommend? It doesnt seem difficult. I could do it on my own. It does make me nervous, but I believe if I follow the directions I should be okay.

The second concern I have was about the affadavits. They ask for two, So should i send two, should i send more than two? What is best practice? and what kind of wording am I looking it. If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it.

My last concern is the temp GC. Am I supposed to send it in with my application? I am in IL, so I will be filing at the Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone gone through the NSC. Please advise. Thank you.

Finally in 6 inches of snow standing outside application support center for 1 hr at Newark i got my Biometrics done.
Appointment was for 8am so i made it there by 7am as it is a very bad day out here. I thought i would be the first one and will get done soon, but i guess nah...15 of them in front of me standing in the open fighting the winter blizzard since 4 am..for biometrics..crazy crazy insane.

I was 16th in line and at 8 am doors opened we we were in the building and finally got to warm up a little. Biometrics was 10 mins and i was done by 8:20. Index finger only and picture and boom done....

Now wating to get the 10 year GC finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
to ray169223:

I have to file my 751 end of March which 90 days before my temp GC expires which is end of June. I used an attorney while doing my adjustment of status which was quite uneventful. So this time around, I am planning to do it on my own. Any suggestions from anyone? Is this what you would recommend? It doesnt seem difficult. I could do it on my own. It does make me nervous, but I believe if I follow the directions I should be okay.

>>>Almost everyone file 751 without a lawyer. It’s very easy form. Read and follow instructions, make sure that both – you and your spouse sign the application.

The second concern I have was about the affadavits. They ask for two, So should i send two, should i send more than two? What is best practice? and what kind of wording am I looking it. If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it.

>>>Affidavits are not mandatory and considerably less strong evidence compared to joint assets, taxes and a child’s BS. If you want to include affidavits to make your case stronger, then go ahead. Two or three is enough.
Here are some examples I found for you: http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/f...emove-conditions-support-letters-friends.html

My last concern is the temp GC. Am I supposed to send it in with my application? I am in IL, so I will be filing at the Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone gone through the NSC. Please advise. Thank you.

>>>No. Do not send your GC with the applications. Read the instructions, they ask for a copy - scanned back and front of your card.

Good luck!

Finally in 6 inches of snow standing outside application support center for 1 hr at Newark i got my Biometrics done.
Appointment was for 8am so i made it there by 7am as it is a very bad day out here. I thought i would be the first one and will get done soon, but i guess nah...15 of them in front of me standing in the open fighting the winter blister since 4 am..for biometrics..crazy crazy insane.

I was 16th in line and at 8 am doors opened we we were in the building and finally got to warm up a little. Biometrics was 10 mins and i was done by 8:20. Index finger only and picture and boom done....

Now wating to get the 10 year GC finally.

They only had your index finger scanned??? I had to do both hands and picture and a digital signature...now I'm wondering why I had to do all and you only had to get your index finger done.

I had to do both hands, picture and signature as well. I guess some centers do it differently.

I was also surprised at just one finger so I asked the guy doing my Biometrics and he was like.... lucky u are getting atleast one finger done as we are hoping to close anytime as federal bldg has already asked folks to go home due to the bad weather and we are waiting to hear if we can go home or not.

He stamped my appointment letter (NOA) and said this is the proof that you have completed Biometrics.

I guess the ASC decideds what they want to do for Biometrics.

I just told them that I needed I-551 stamp on my passport as I am travelling out of country. And they said ok...that's it :)

Did you ask for a stamp because your conditional GC was expiring soon or just in case you stay outside of the country for a bit longer than expected?

Biometrics

They only had your index finger scanned??? I had to do both hands and picture and a digital signature...now I'm wondering why I had to do all and you only had to get your index finger done.

I had both hands, my index fingers and a picture taken - as well. I am pretty sure I saw on the screen that the index was the only thing needed. Well better too much info than not enough I guess.