I-751 Biometrics: can I reschedule??

roberto gasta

Registered Users (C)
Hello members,

Today I received the appointment letter for the biometrics
that is for a saturday (isn'it weird?...)

The problem is we have a reservation made for that week,
we made it a long time ago and we now are
a bit confused if I should reschedule the biometrics apptmnt

or just cancel the reservation,

what is yr opinion? is it risky to ask for a reschedule?

Thank you for yr time.

I myself would not reschedule bios, that means it will delay your case anytime from weeks up to months from everyone Ive read about that rescheduled. Personally, I would reschedule my trip or make arrangements to leave after bios or something.

And, no... it isn't weird to have them on a Sat... lots of people do

Hello members,

Today I received the appointment letter for the biometrics
that is for a saturday (isn'it weird?...)

The problem is we have a reservation made for that week,
we made it a long time ago and we now are
a bit confused if I should reschedule the biometrics apptmnt

or just cancel the reservation,

what is yr opinion? is it risky to ask for a reschedule?

Thank you for yr time.

It depends on what will give you more satisfaction in the following 90 days?

Here is what is said on this page: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=16

There are several important exceptions to the processing times shown below:

* Case processing will be delayed if we must ask you for more evidence or information.
If we ask for missing required initial evidence, count the processing time from when we receive that missing evidence.
* The case processing timeframe will start over if a customer doesn't appear for an interview or asks that it be rescheduled.

If you are ready to wait another minimum 11 weeks to 3 months to get what you want, then the answer is simple: RESCHEDULE or cancel, if not, go to your biometrics.

It's your call.

Good luck!!!

You can not CANCEL it, if you cancel it (i.e. do not show) you will be "canceling" your application for Adjustment of Status.

You can try to reschedule it, by making a copy of the notice, and sending it back asking for a reschedule. But do not expect to hear from them until maybe 1 or 2 months...

You could also, try to go before the appointment time, let's say the Saturday before the appointment (1 week) and ask if you could have the prints and picture taken then.

I suggest you change your plans, unless you do not mind the delay... it will not "start the counter over" as this is NOT the interview... but it could set the processing back 1 or 2 months, who knows.

Maybe you can try going to do the finger prints before Saturday. You might get lucky as some members have done it, all depend on if they are busy or not, but canceling three days before, you might not to chance it.

I rescheduled my biometrics appointment with no problem at all. In fact I received a letter with the rescheduled appointment about 3 weeks later. It didn't delay my case at all.

I know it is possible to do a walk-in and if they are not too busy they will take you. Doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Jim

..I wont reschedule

Thank you all,

As I prefer to play safe and what I canceled was my trip.

One think I noticed was the appointment letter were 2 identical
letters...(weird)

Bytheway, doesn't the NOA letter suppose to come together with the Biomerics appointment letter?

I look after to receive that, hope soon

Thank you all,

As I prefer to play safe and what I canceled was my trip.

One think I noticed was the appointment letter were 2 identical
letters...(weird)

Bytheway, doesn't the NOA letter suppose to come together with the Biomerics appointment letter?

I look after to receive that, hope soon

Very smart decision, good luck. You can always take a trip.

I agree that it was smart to cancel or postpone your trip!

You can always take the trip after your bios!