I-485

Arp1882

My parents (both mom and dad) are in US and currently in process of filing I-1485 for each. Under Part 3 "Additional Information about you", it asks for last 5 years of address history. Under current address, I have given my US address since they are staying with us since they have come on B2 last month (on 6 months i-94.) They have been to US many times, most times on 6 month B2 stay. In India, they have been staying at same residence since 2004. My question is for previous address, when I write their India address, what "To" and "From" date should I give? I cannot give present as they are here now with us. Any suggestions?

I am in the process of sponsoring my parents GC. They are in the US currently (on B2) so I will be filing the I-130 for each and both of them will be filing I-485 each. My question is should I plan to file both EAD (I-765) & Advanced Parole (I-131) for both of them? They don't plan to work here in US, but I want to have a "travel ready" document for them in case they need to travel back to their home country and come back here. Both I-765 and I-131 are fees based forms ($410 & $575 respectively) so trying to see if I need to file both or one will suffice? Thank you.

Both I-765 for EAD and I-131 for AP are free for I-485 applicants. So there is no reason not to apply for them. There is no downside to getting them and not happening to use them.

Hi , from what I am seeing on USCIS website (links below) both I-765 and I-131 have fees. 410 for I-765 and 575 for I-131.

See I-485 page, under Special Instructions:
Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.

See also the I-765 instructions,
Initial EAD. If this is your initial application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is
not required for:
12. (c)(9) or (c)(16)
Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed Form I-485 on or after July 30,
2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you
must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July
30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate filing fee.
Renewal EAD. If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is
not required for:
4. (c)(9) or (c)(16)
Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after
July 30, 2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485,
you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after
July 30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate form filing fee.
I-131 instructions,
NOTE: If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the Form I-485 application fee required,
then no fee is required to file a request for an Advance Parole Document or Refugee Travel Document on Form
I-131 if your Form I-485 is still pending, if:
2. You are applying for an Advance Parole Document to allow you to return to the United States after temporary foreign
travel (see Part 2. Application Type, Item Number 1.d. of Form I-131).
Under these circumstances, you may file Form I-131 together with your Form I-485, or you may submit Form I-131 at a
later date. If you file Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, receipt as
evidence that you filed and paid the fee for Form I-485 required on or after July 30, 2007.
And the USCIS fee calculator for I-765 and I-131, which shows $0 if you select adjustment of status as the reason

I have a weird question. I am in the process of assembling the package for sponsoring my parents and I am the petitioner. In addition to me submitting I-130 for each, each of my mom and dad are submitting I-485, I-864, I-693, I-765, I-131.

My question is for payment(s) to USCIS, we are using personal checks for forms as needed, but the checks are in name of my wife who is neither the petitioner nor applicant (we jointly own the account.) Will this be ok?

I realize this question may have been asked here many times but asking again. I am applying for my Indian parents green card currently here in US. They dont have their birth certificates.

They both are born before 1970 and thus per the reciprocity schedule between India and US, their birth certificates are deemed nonexistent. We have got 2 affidavits with close relatives (older than them) for each of them as their parents are deceased. We also have their school certificate which has their date of birth on it (but not place of birth.) I am attaching a cover letter explaining this in the application and also attaching the reciprocity schedule.

Is there anything I can do to avoid RFE or any potential issues? Please let me know. Thank you.

At the tag end of assembling my package for both parents (mom and dad). They have identical forms : i-130. I-485, i-864 etc.

my question is should I send both set of packages for them in same envelope to USCIS or separate with separate tracking number etc.

pls let me know.