I-485

lu250

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am a new member to this forum, however I have been reading through the postings for a long time. My I-485 was filed and accepted in April 2007, FP in May 2007, while my priority date is July 2006.

According to the visa bulletin, the cutoff date of June was Jan01/06, it was Current during June 18 to July 2nd 2007 for a very short period of time, and now as we all know it is U again.

How am I to predict my case. Can I benifit from the short Current during June 18th to July2nd 2007, or will the retrogression on July 2nd affect my case.

Please advise, thank you all in advance for youy help and your time spent on replying my question.

Best regards:) ,
Lu

Just to clerify.... It was never current, the July bulletin which came in mid June was suppose to be effective from July 1, but it was changed before it became effective.

Lu-250, I-485 question

Thank both of you very much.
I am from China. Does it mean that the cutoff date for my case EB-2-NIW-China is still the date of June bulletin, which is Jan01/06?

By the way, shall I watch the bulletin or the service center's processing time for prediction. I know this might sound like a dumb question, but I am confused by the two sources of info. Which one is more helpful to make correct prediction. My 485 was received in April 2007.

I think you might even get lucky

They assigned visa numbers to a lot of cases on July 1. Your's was current that one day, so you might have also been assigned a visa number. If so then you can expect an approval in the next 3 months. But it all depends on if your Name Check was cleared and your FP was done.

Good luck!