I-485 Transfer to Pittsburgh - Info

barney_hi

Registered Users (C)
Just know that my wife and kid's I-485 cases are transfered to Pittsburgh local office. Anyone in the same boat so we could share some information on the progress from then?

(1) What is the time frame right now? The official processing time is on 12/20/2003. What is happening in reality?

(2) How to get local police clearance because of unacceptable FP?

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice on Pennsylvania senators or congressman

My canse was transfered to Philadelphia local office June last year. Since then we have never received anything from Philly. My lawer suggests me send a letter to a state senator or congressman. Since my lawer is working in CT, and he is not familiar with PA, could any one give me advice which senator or congressman is better? Thanks a lot.

That is long ....

But do you have any way to check the status of your case? I found that the processing time at Phil is Dec 2002. How coud it be so slow there?

Pittsburgh is processing Dec 2003 cases now, so theoretically 1 year faster.

I do not think the senator would do more help. They may just say your time is not up yet based on the current processing time and ask you to check again when you pass the processing date line. However, try whatever you can and keep fingers cross for the best.

Wish you good luck.

wbxls said:
My canse was transfered to Philadelphia local office June last year. Since then we have never received anything from Philly. My lawer suggests me send a letter to a state senator or congressman. Since my lawer is working in CT, and he is not familiar with PA, could any one give me advice which senator or congressman is better? Thanks a lot.