I-485 submission with I-864

Jamesgg

Hello everyone,

I thought I was done with immigration paperwork until I decided to get married to a foreigner. But now I’m back and was hoping for some help.

I am submitting an I-485 to adjust her status, as she is living in the USA under a tourist visa (6 months mark will be next month).

The problem I have is that under the “filing fee” of the form I-485 page of the USCIS website, it states:

If you file outside the United States: There is no fee if you file with USCIS or the Department of State.

If you file within the United States: You must file with the Department of State; however, they charge a fee. For more information, please visit their website

——————————

I am a little confused as to if I can submit the I-485 along with the I-864 to the USCIS (instead of the State Dept).

Also I am unsure of how I pay for this fee, as the state dept has a online version of the I-864 and fee payment. But I don’t have an invoice number to process anything.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks

newacct

I am not sure where you are seeing this. The fee for I-130 is $535 and the fee for I-485 is $1225. There is no fee for I-864 for people doing Adjustment of Status (I-485); I-864 is a required part of the I-485 filing. There is also no fee for I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole for I-485 applicants.

Jamesgg

0231CEF7-3DCE-455D-833F-FDA2FCFEA703.jpegI am not sure where you are seeing this. The fee for I-130 is $535 and the fee for I-485 is $1225. There is no fee for I-864 for people doing Adjustment of Status (I-485); I-864 is a required part of the I-485 filing. There is also no fee for I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole for I-485 applicants.
I see. I will submit without the fee then. The verbiage on the USCIS website was misleading. Screenshot attached for reference. Thanks

SusieQQQ

Have you already filed an i130, or are you filing concurrently? As an aside, I presume you and your spouse are aware of the processing times, and restrictions on work and travel until she gets EAD/AP?