I-485 Stuck in Limbo, need advice!

immihelp402

Hello, there is a lot of backstory to this case, but I will just say what is relevant currently as the backstory isn't whats keeping this case in limbo. Basically my wife and I left the US in the middle of the adjustment of status process and rightfully waited for it to get denied so that we could reapply from her home country for consular processing. However, after finally getting a denial letter, 1 day later we get a letter saying that the case has been reopened much to our dismay. I couldn't figure out why that may be but we just decided to wait and see what would happen. 8 months later still no response, so we called uscis and got to a tier 2 rep, he said that the case for some reason has been sent to the national records center which he said is where completed cases go and are not worked on, but our case is still showing as pending in his system. Because of this he said he will make an inquiry to see what is going on, and that we should get a response claiming that the case is actually still being worked on or that is was wrongfully opened and then receive a denial so we could go ahead and start a new application. Today we just got a response to our inquiry from 2 months ago and literally the response to the inquiry was that the case is taking longer than the processing time because it is still pending. Basically a non answer, normally I would just say ok screw this, and would just send a withdrawal for the application, the problem is, the application is nowhere that I can actually get a withdrawal sent to, It is supposed to be at the NBC if its being worked on, but its not, so sending a withdrawal there is pointless, and sending a withdrawal to the record center is also pointless. And if I try to just reapply anyway, the first person who looks us up will think that the case is actually still pending when it really isn't, its just that every inquiry we make gets stone walled because the person looking it up isn't actually getting the case file and is just sending a generic response. What can we possibly do? It has been in limbo for over a year and we keep making inquiries but they keep making the exact same non-answer response that leads to nowhere but circles, if I try to withdraw it wont reach the application destination, if I do another app it will be denied since one is still pending. I am sorry about the frustration in my wall of text but I just don't know what I can do to get this taken care of as every attempt just falls on deaf ears. Please give me some advice if you have any knowledge on this type of situation, thanks so much in advance!