I-485 rfe

phanimarella

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Sir, We replied through attoreny my I-485 RFE on Sep 22nd. Please find the below Status update on USCIS website.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS
Current Status:
Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.
On September 23, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify
you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this
case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written
update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an
interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case
you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our
NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You
can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.

• [*]Could you please let me know what it means?
    [*]Do you think did they allocated me the Visa Number?
    [*]My priority date on my I-140 was December 29th 2006.

--
Thank you and Regards,
marella.phani@gmail.com

Hi I have one question. Has any one an idea, that once they issue an rfe on your 485, does this mean, that USICS will approve his/her I-485 application, irrespective of his priority date ??

Thanks

RFE received?

Looks like your received an RFE. I don't think responding to the RFE is not going to get the case approved right away. It is all depends the available visa numbers.

thanks,
hdotcom

Yes you are right, My case is still in status "case recived and Processing resumed". I think they will approve, when the Visa number will available.

Have you treid call NSC after replying RFE?

Hi phanimarella - wondering have you tried calling them to confirm that they're just waiting for the visa numbers [aka PD became current] and nothing else is pending.

Mine is similar case (PD is not current) but wanted to follow up. If I hear an update will post here..

Good luck!

Yes you are right, My case is still in status "case recived and Processing resumed". I think they will approve, when the Visa number will available.