I-485 RFE - Job Title differs

immhelper

Registered Users (C)
RFE on Job Title, My Labor & 140 has AAA and 485 has job title as BBB, INS want a letter from employer for explaining this discrepancy.

Please advice is this a normal RFE ?

Thanks,

RFE on Job Title, My Labor & 140 has AAA and 485 has job title as BBB, INS want a letter from employer for explaining this discrepancy.

Thanks,

Your current job sholud be consistant with what was in labor. If completely different, I think you can not explain anything.

Thanks,

"Computer Software Engineer" is your current job. Once the GC is approved you will offerd the Position of "Programmer Analyst"

"Computer Software Engineer" is your current job. Once the GC is approved you will offerd the Position of "Programmer Analyst"
The issue is not with the current job, it is with the job listed on the LC and I-140.

The employer needs to explain that "Programmer Analyst" is the same job as "Computer Software Engineer", and it was nothing more than a decision to change the job titles.

The issue is not with the current job, it is with the job listed on the LC and I-140.

The employer needs to explain that "Programmer Analyst" is the same job as "Computer Software Engineer", and it was nothing more than a decision to change the job titles.

I-485 application does not have Job title column. New title should be the part of the employment letter provided with the I-485. Check what he says
My Labor & 140 has AAA and 485 has job title as BBB,

If they can issue an explaination as Number30 said it may work.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they can issue an explaination as Number30 said it may work.
No, because both LC and I-140 are referring to the job that will exist upon green card approval (a job which may also happen to exist in the present ... but the LC and I-140 aren't about the current job). So explaining that the current position is AAA (as listed on the LC and I-140) and the future position is BBB (as on the 485 employment letter) is useless.

No, because both LC and I-140 are referring to the job that will exist upon green card approval (a job which may also happen to exist in the present ... but the LC and I-140 aren't about the current job). So explaining that the current position is AAA (as listed on the LC and I-140) and the future position is BBB (as on the 485 employment letter) is useless.

You took it other way Current position BBB and future job is AAA.

The Job Title given on the LC and I-140 needs to go (on the I485 supporting letter) as a future job.

The employment letter might be having his current job which is BBB. This mistake happens because lot of time H1 job title is different form green card job title and letter issued is based upon H1 title. Hence the company needs to provide a future job letter stating that whatever job mentioned on the LC and I-140 (AAA) will be available once he gets GC and BBB is his current job.

Have you changed employers since the time you filed your 485?

Is this a AC 21 issue or ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I have changed my employer, I am with the same employer from Labor till date.

Is this a good response that INS will buy it ?

Guru's any suggestion on the response that we made to INS.., how long will it take to continue the processing after RFE.

RFE on 485

My 485 case is pending at Texas service center.
on August 22nd they received RFE reply.
and mentioned on is after 60 days if i didn't receive any reply from them i can contact 1800 number.
could anyone please help me how can i approach after 60 dyas.
Thanks