I-485 RFE for wife requesting DOB & Marriage Cert but v did submit these while filing,then why again

jackkallis

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are from India & MY I-485 is approved & current status is Card in Production.
But for my wife we received query on I-485 & it's saying
1. Please submit a photocopy of your official birth certificate.
2. Please submit a photocopy of your official marriage certificate.

I know this is straight forward but we already submitted these documents then why USCIS is requesting again?
What's the intent behind this any idea?

She was born in 198X & birth certificate was created in 2007.
So while sending DOB do we need to provide affidavit from father/mother/uncle stating that she was born in 198X?

Also do we need to notarized photocopies of DOB & Marriage certificate?

Do we have to provide any other additional documents like wife's 10th marksheet to confirm her DOB etc.

Also to show that our marriage is valid & we still live together do we need to provide marriage picture, joint bank statement, utility bills etc.?

Thanks for your help.

Similar issue - Birth Certificate

I submitted my birth certificate (reproduce of the original Birth Certifcate) when applied for i485 and EAD/Advance Parole.

I have got an RFE now for my EAD application asking to submit 1. Copy of Photo ID and 2. Copy of official Birth Certificate. These were already submitted when I originally submitted my applications. My questions are:

1. Why is USCIS asking for these documents again

2. Can I re-submit the copy of the Birth Certificate that I have already submitted - this is the one that I got re-issued (in lieu of the original) from my City office (in India) last year. It clearly mentions ..."this has been taken from the original record which is the register for XX City of XX District of XX State..."
This Certificate has a Date of Issue which reads as "JanXX, 2011" and my attorney advises this may cause issue.

Any advise on this greatly appreciated.

Get affidavit done

You should get the affidavit done from India. They might be looking for it or subit if you have any education certificate which has date of birth, father's name on it, it should be accceptable too.