I-485 Question

freebyte

Registered Users (C)
Hello:
Hello:

My I-140 has been approved and my priority date is June 2007. Can I file my I-485 now. My employer told me that I have to wait until USCIS open up a date to file such applications. I personally think that this info is wrong and I can file I-485 anytime afterI-140 approval regardless of current priority date.

Please let me know if someone has the correct legal information regaarding filing of I-485

Thanks

One can file for AOS only after the PD is current for the country. You may be under this impression because you may have seen folkes who have EAD's and AP's. This is because once upon a time the PD was current and the 485 was applied and since then the dates have moved back and thousands of such trishanku immigrants file and file each year thy AP's and EAD's

Question on status for I-485 pending

Hi there,

I've a simple question regarding my status on an I-485- AOS application (my wife is a US citizen). I'm on an H1B visa right now, and my H1B expires after one month on Aug7, 2009. I've already filed for AOS (I-485), and also for an EAD 3 months ago. I was hoping that I get my EAD by now, just before my H1B expires, so that I remain in status. I called the USCIS and asked them to expedite my EAD, but to no avail.

my question:

1) If I do not receive my EAD before my H1B expires, will my status be Jeopardized? Will I be eligible to stay or face deportation? what will be my status?
2) I have two promising job offers, but require me at least to have an EAD or GC, is there anyway the I can get an expedite petition that I can file to the USCIS center in charge of my case?
3) So far, I applied my self, is is a good idea to hire an immigration attorney at this point in time? Can she/he help me expedite my case
4) What other recommendation you guys have?

I appreciate ur reply

questions on status of I485 -- contacting USCIS

Hi Prettyface2009,
I have question about contacting USCIS to know my status of I485.

I tried to call them at their 1-800 number and couldn't aparently find any option where I can reach to any customer rep.

Could you please tell me how were you able to reach them, which options...?

Your feedback would be appreciated, or anybody knows -- could you please help me on that.

Thanks a lot.