I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

freedomtome

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was transferred to Houston local office from TSC on Jan. 2004 and I went there today to make sure case transfer.
Immigration officer confirmed that my case was transferred safely and they are now processing FEB 2002 case. This is a little bit later than case status but I met a man who filed I-485 for his mother on Apr. 2002 and now processing. His mother missed interview as they didn't receive interview notice after he changed address last August so changing address needs careful attention.

Houston District

My friend (src01252xxxxx I485ND 08/01/01) online msg changed
".... On February 13, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in HOUSTON, TX for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. ..."
and Houston processing time now is June01,2002 ( https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=37 ) Do you know how long should it be for them to pick up her case? and Why (fot most of the case) it has to be transfered?
thank you :)

Dome9th,

I don't know exactly why BCIS transferred your friend's case to Houston district but I think they need to interview your friend before approval.

I expect Houston district will send interview notice soon because your friend's case already past processing time.

Lets exchange some informations as we are same boat and please advise more details for your friend's case.

processing based on RD?

Guys,

Do you have any information, when the file is transferred to local office, then does the local office uses transfer date or the ND/RD ?

we are having very different theories on board some people say it is the transfer date and some say it is RD.

Some say it is neither because the initial processing is completed at SC and it is a seperate queue.

until now, my friend still didn't hear any news from Houston office.
it has been more than 30 days.

my turn...

Now, I'm in the same situation. On 04-13-04 my I-485 case was transferred from TSC to Houston office. I don't know how long it would be... :(

EB3
ND/RD 02/02
FP 05/03
Transferred 04/04
2rd EAD expired on 04/04 - time to do the 3rd now

Hi, my RD/ND is 09-02, my 2nd EAD was transfered to Houston Office in 12-03, my I-485 was tranfered to Houston Office in 01-04, did fingerprints in 04-04, and today is June 1st and still no word. I hear that Houston Office take up to 3 months after fingerprints to send an interview letter.
Can anyone collaborate?
Thanks.

nec04,

Welcom on the same boat!! I'm still waiting Houston district's further action.
Plsease advise who gave you an information about interview after 3 months of FP?

Freedom To Me

My friend had his case transfered at the end of 2003, he said it took about two and a half to three month to get the interview notice after the fingerprints were done. The interview was scheduled about 3 weeks after notice. Got his G.C. in March.

Freedomtome

The interview went well he said, he needed some document which he did not have so he went home and got it then faxed it to his attorney. Then the attorney took it to the officer the next day and he was approved the day after. He went and got his passport stamped a couple of days later. So it took him about 3-5 days after the interview to be done. It's very important to get all the paperwork in order before the interview, especially the papers that they ask you for.

Freedomtome

I went to the Houston Office yesterday-Wednesday- to check on my case and see if they received my FP but after waiting in line for about 45min they got on the speakers and said they ran out of numbers for "case status inquiries" so I went back home. Should I get there very early to get a number?
I know you said you went there in February to check on your case.
Have you tried to write a letter to that office?
Did they tell you an approximate time frame before they get to your case?

I-485 ND 09/02

NEC04,

I'm sorry you had no number yesterday. I think you should go there before 6 am to get a number. But IIO will give you only paper of case status inquiries and ask you to drop in the box instead of meeting IIO if you have only simple inquiry. Last time I visited for I-131 and asked my status when I met IIO.
After I got AP, I dropped my case inquiry in the box and asked FP. I don't know it trigered my FP or not but I did FP on April anyway. There is nothing to lose except time so I would like to recommend trying to do that.

There was no mention for my case but IIO told me that they were processing case of Feb 2002 but I suppose their processing stopped for last 5 months due to immigrant marriage scam and I hope to have approval or interview notice next month.

My attorney told me that I should expect to be done by this summer, and if the processing date for the Houston Office as posted on the www.immigration.com site is somewhat correct, that means that the 665 days for Houston Office processing are about 1 year and 10 months. I applied in 09-02 so this July I should hear something.

I will still try to go to the Houston Office next week and I'll let you know of the outcome.

NEC04
I-485 ND 09/02

nec04,

We are almost same situation for ND, file transfer and FP.
Lets keep post for the clear situation.

Meantime Houston district will close at 12:00 pm on Friday so please go there earlier as much as you can.

Good Luck.

Freedomtome
What RFE did you do last month? Is it the one for W-2 and medical exam?

NEC04
I485 ND 09/02