I-485 & Positive TB Skin Test

heavymen

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet. Apologies...

I am about to send in an I-485 application for my wife. I have everything ready to go, but got a positive TB skin test for her yesterday. The Dr asked us to go for a X-ray. We will hear x-ray results later this afternoon. But i have a question.

If x-ray results come back normal or negative, can the Dr still go ahead and sign the I-693 forms? I ask because the nurse who attended to us says when the x-ray results come back, she will give us a package to health services where she will be treated, and will have to complete treatment before Dr can sign the forms.

H

After the X-ray, if it comes out negative, the Dr will sign your I-693 Form.
My TB Skin test was positive due to BCG Vaccination in my home country (Size of Reaction: 14mm), but my chest X-ray results shown no sign of TB.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks juviah46 . The x-ray came back negative. The Dr says we have to go to the health department and have them complete a part of the I-693 and bring it back. Only then will he sign the forms.

H

juviah46:

hi, i researched a lot to find thread like this. i am waiting for my change of status next year. i too have positive skin test but negative chest x rays. i've had the bcg so could be why. i've talked to the health department in my town and they recommend 9 month course treatment. i work in the medical field and i've seen a patient
destroy her liver because of the drug.

i've read uscis columns on tb skin test procedure. i can actually provide documentation with my doc's signature so i can skip the skin test. So when and hopefully i'll still get a negative chest x ray, will i be cleared for immigration purposes ? or do i have to go check in with the health dept before i get cleared? will i have to go through the 9 month course treatment?

i want to know all about this now cos i do not want any delay in the change of status when it comes.

i hope to hear from u, thank u.

My Civil Surgeon told me as long as my x-ray is negative, I will not need to check with the health department, your state rules might be different, I live in Florida.

After my x-ray came back negative, he signed the form, made a copy and put the original in a sealed envelope.

The involvement of the health department is determined by local laws. I live in Fairfax County, VA and my wife got a positive TB skin test based on BCG vaccination. The chest x-ray came back negative and the civil surgeon signed off on it. A buddy lives one county over in Loudoun County, VA and his wife also tested positive for TB skin test because of previous vaccination. Her chest x-ray also came back negative but they had to go to the health department because of county laws. Going to the health department with a negative chest x-ray should be nothing more than an annoyance. I would be very concerned if they wanted to give you some sort of treatment for something you do not even have.

The involvement of the health department is determined by local laws. I live in Fairfax County, VA and my wife got a positive TB skin test based on BCG vaccination. The chest x-ray came back negative and the civil surgeon signed off on it. A buddy lives one county over in Loudoun County, VA and his wife also tested positive for TB skin test because of previous vaccination. Her chest x-ray also came back negative but they had to go to the health department because of county laws. Going to the health department with a negative chest x-ray should be nothing more than an annoyance. I would be very concerned if they wanted to give you some sort of treatment for something you do not even have.

I live in Fairfax as well, could you pls give me the name and address of the civil surgeon that you came to see?
Thanks!
LBX.