I - 485, Positive Skin test and treatment - urgent help needed

heavymen

Registered Users (C)
Hi All (I'm posting under my hubby's thread)

My skin test came back positive but x ray was negative (I got the BCG vaccination as a child and lived in Nigeria). Doctor said that in spite of a negative x-ray result (even before I had taken the x-ray), their procedure was to refer me to the dept of health doctor etc. X - ray came back negative and he still ref'd me to the State doctor.

Upon examining my x ray, the State doctor said that although my X ray was negative, from the x ray, it appears as though I was going to get TB at some point but my body fought against it. Also said that this would give me a higher chance of getting? or not being able to fight? the disease if I ever catch it later in life. Due to this I thought I might just take the drugs once and for all. He signed the forms and wrote on the forms the day I started the drugs etc.

Thing is, I am not happy to take the drugs. I feel like I am being bullied into taking it (for one, I saw the nurse of the State doctor when my x ray was negative and she was already telling me I had to take the drugs, even before the doctor came back with the ''you were going to get TB and your immunity fought against it theory') especially where in other zones and from previous posters, once their x rays came back neg, they did not have to take it. I even think the doctor might have been telling tales just to get me to take the drugs.

I have now taken the drug one day and feel so unhappy with it I want to quit. My question is this, would you take the drugs? Secondly, do you think my application might be affected by the fact that the doctor wrote on the form that although negative x ray I started taking the drugs on so and so date? Please help as I am in a serious dilemma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, dont buy into that BS, very well informed Dr knows that immigrants fron countries that get TB vaccine as kids will be forever positive to the skin test and the negative chest X-Ray as long as it is clear will be enough, at worst they can get a spetum test. The Dr is crazy and doesnt know what he is doing, that that medication without having any trace of TB will kill your livers and kidneys, thats why most TB patients run from taking it. And you made a big mistake by accepting and signing the form to take the meds, i guess you were freaked out about your petition.