I-485 - Non Availability of Birth Certificate

ramdas2005

Registered Users (C)
My Mother's I-485 in in progress currently, received a letter stating need additional evidence of non avilability of birth certicate. The issue is that she was born in rangoon, myanmmar in 1942 during which time records were not maintained. Tried getting a letter from Burma/Rangoon government, efforts have not worked out, no responses from them to get a letter stating non availability. What is the alternative option. Also if the I- 485 case is cancelled, could she still return back to india on the tourist visa or does she need to get a parole.

Let me know....

With respect to the question above, if it is not possible to get a non-availability letter from the goverment/health center of rangoon, could this document be waived by USCIS.

You can try writing a letter explaining the situation and also including any other records of birth - for example school records from Burma and /or India, other records like voter registration, children's birth records showing mothers names, etc. Any government issued document with your mother's name and date of birth (except passport) will help. Did you contact the local Myanmar consular office in India or US? Not sure if they have diplomatic relations with US.