I-485 - no interview notice but received a welcome notice???

IsaacLi

Hi All,

My parents are in the I-485 process (I am the petitioner for their application). They got fingerprint done in April 2006. After that, we are waiting for the notice to have interview in the local office, which is San Jose office.

However, we did not get the interview notice but received a "welcome Notice", which is shown on the "Notice Type". The notice said:" This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. ... We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks.".

I checked this forum and noted that couple people met the same situation last year (2005) -also between June and July. Actually, no one received the green card with the 3 weeks. I am just wondering whether any people met the same problem this year - 2006?

It seems for last year, even if the welcome notice was made by mistake by INS staff, finally the INS announced that it was valid and those people went to their local immigration office to get their passports stamped. I just want to know whether we can do the same thing this year? Please advice!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide!!!!!!!!!!!