I-485 Interview Cancelled During Coronavirus and Never Rescheduled

adelesanna

Hello!
My husband and I had our I-485 interview scheduled for March 30, 2020 and it was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic. We thought USCIS would rescheduled it, but every time we check our status online there is always the same message: "Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered." We live in Los Angeles, but we have to move to Colorado Springs at the beginning of August. We're worried that the change of address would delay the process even more. Any advice on how we could get more info on our case and, eventually, ask to expedite the process to have our interview rescheduled before moving out of State? Thank you very much!

Unfortunately you cannot rush USCIS. I understand they are slowing opening up the offices again.
Have you tried to call them and ask? I understand it can be difficult to get a hold of a human, but it is worth a try.
If you move before your I-485 interview, yes, it will delay your case, as you file will need to move to the new local office. If possible, don't move until your interview is done and green card is in hand.