I-485 (GC) - Date of birth mismatch b/w Birth Cert. and passport

an_imm

Hi,

I'm in the process of I-485 (GC) - Date of birth mismatch b/w Birth Cert. and passport. The date of birth in Birth Cert. is correct. Passport has wrong date (1 day diff).

What should I do for this? If I change DOB in passport, Will that be a problem in other documents that I already have like Visa, Petition, SSN, I-94, Driver license, Insurance? What's the best recommendations in this situation?

Even if I choose to change all documents, Should I correct date in all documents (Visa, Petition, SSN, Driver) then
apply for I-485?? Is it possible to do all these with limited time frame???

Anybody have faced this issue and resolved it?

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Small discrepancies like this are common. File the I-485 and other GC-related papers (I-765 etc.) using the correct date of birth (the birth certificate date), make sure to include a copy of your birth certificate, and don't worry about it. Then once you get the GC with the correct DOB, deal with the rest of the documents.

Same issue here

Hi,

I have same issue . Did you submit the docs as is or did you change it ? I read somewhere that you can apply with an affidavit from parents with the reason for discrepancy.

Thanks

Hi,

I have same issue . Did you submit the docs as is or did you change it ? I read somewhere that you can apply with an affidavit from parents with the reason for discrepancy.

Thanks

How big of a discrepancy do you have? A few days difference? Is your birth certificate correct? What about your passport?