I-485 for spouse, Ginnu and others

rtinkam

Registered Users (C)
Ginnu and others,

I have a question on filing I-485 for spouse when primary I-485 is already filed under EB-2 category. If the marriage takes place in INDIA after filing I-485 and I-140 what are the diiferent kinds of proofs for marriage that INS can accept for filing for I-485 for spouse later. I know about marriage certificate from registrar office back in India which is acceptable for INS but would HOWEVER like to know alternatives to this requirement.

Can a notarised letter, certificate from temple, certificate from marriage hall, wedding pictures, wedding cards etc any thing can suffice the INS requirements as a proof of marriage for filing I-485 in place of marriage certificate from registrar? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
rtinkam said:
Ginnu and others,

I have a question on filing I-485 for spouse when primary I-485 is already filed under EB-2 category. If the marriage takes place in INDIA after filing I-485 and I-140 what are the diiferent kinds of proofs for marriage that INS can accept for filing for I-485 for spouse later. I know about marriage certificate from registrar office back in India which is acceptable for INS but would HOWEVER like to know alternatives to this requirement.

Can a notarised letter, certificate from temple, certificate from marriage hall, wedding pictures, wedding cards etc any thing can suffice the INS requirements as a proof of marriage for filing I-485 in place of marriage certificate from registrar? Thanks.

I do not think so. You need certificate from registrar. Is she on H4 here?
If yes did you get the visa to come here withou certificate from registrar?