I-485 approved today

chtai

I got my approval email today.

CSC PD: 07/2001(Taiwan)
recent LUD: 7/15/2006 , 7/16/2006
recent FP : 7/12/2006 (code 1)
I-485 RD: 08/2002
AD: 09/15/2006

WOW, 08/2002. You must be the oldest case to get approved. Congratulations!
Was your case stuck in Name check? Did you do anything for it to get approved after so long?

chtai said:
I got my approval email today.

CSC PD: 07/2001(Taiwan)
recent LUD: 7/15/2006 , 7/16/2006
recent FP : 7/12/2006 (code 1)
I-485 RD: 08/2002
AD: 09/15/2006

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am Srill waiting ND06/2001

My ND is 06/2001
had my second Biometrics on 02/2006

Still waiting for approval.......... any suggestion guys?
Thanx

lost in nsc :mad: :( :mad:

Lost_in_NCS said:
My ND is 06/2001
had my second Biometrics on 02/2006

Still waiting for approval.......... any suggestion guys?
Thanx

lost in nsc :mad: :( :mad:

what!! waiting since 6/2001? Did you write to your congressman and senator??

still waiting

No i have not ... but i made an appointment for this week with local immigration office thru Infopass.... you think it would help???
ND..06/2001
2ND BIOMETRIC.....02/2006

any input ??
Thanx all :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lost_in_NCS said:
No i have not ... but i made an appointment for this week with local immigration office thru Infopass.... you think it would help???
ND..06/2001
2ND BIOMETRIC.....02/2006

any input ??
Thanx all :mad: :mad: :mad:

contacting your local congressman will definitely help. You have nothing to lose. Tell them that case should have taken 6 months at maximum. You have been waiting for over five years now. Also somebady had used something called mandamus (I dont know the details). His case got approved in a week after that.

Very_Hopeful said:
contacting your local congressman will definitely help. You have nothing to lose. Tell them that case should have taken 6 months at maximum. You have been waiting for over five years now. Also somebady had used something called mandamus (I dont know the details). His case got approved in a week after that.
Thats me. I filed for Writ of Mandamus (lawsuit) and my case got approved in 3 weeks, after a wait of 3 years.
Contacting Congressman/Senator/First Lady definitely is a good thing. Some cases have got their name check cleared by them. I could not get it resolved through them, so I filed a lawsuit.
But definitely this is the first step you should take, also do a FOIPA to really prove that your name does not have a hit or record.

hate140delay,

did you file prose ? If you used a lawyer what was the rate ?

my lawyer charging me $3k. Is that too much ?

hate140delay said:
Thats me. I filed for Writ of Mandamus (lawsuit) and my case got approved in 3 weeks, after a wait of 3 years.
Contacting Congressman/Senator/First Lady definitely is a good thing. Some cases have got their name check cleared by them. I could not get it resolved through them, so I filed a lawsuit.
But definitely this is the first step you should take, also do a FOIPA to really prove that your name does not have a hit or record.

hate140delay said:

My 485 ND is July 2002/EB3 INDIA. Do you suggest WOM? Will that help even if my PD is not current..
(my PD is 04/30/2001)

Any suggestions??

cider said:
hate140delay,

did you file prose ? If you used a lawyer what was the rate ?

my lawyer charging me $3k. Is that too much ?

I filed it Prose. My lawyer was charging me about $3000 for just filing + court filing fees ($350). And if it goes to court for hearing the lawyer would charge per hearing appearance fee.

My thought was to file it myself without the lawyer and save $3000, and most of the cases I have followed get settled before a hearing. And even if it goes to hearing there are lot of templates and advice on another thread to DYI, and worst case you can hire a lawyer then.

So I would advise you to go for it prose (at least for filing). Besides 100% cases in NorCal i have followed have been dismissed in 4 weeks or less without hearing. The Assistant District Attorney I talked to was really nice and was really trying to get my case resolved rather than going to court, and he did it for me which the Congressman/Senator etc could not.

HaraKad said:
My 485 ND is July 2002/EB3 INDIA. Do you suggest WOM? Will that help even if my PD is not current..
(my PD is 04/30/2001)

Any suggestions??
You most definitely have to wait till your PD is current or else the US Attorney will file for dismissing it.

WOM is something you file when your case is ready for approval and you have done all you can to help resolve it, which means -
* Senator/Congressman inquiry.
* FOIPA inquiry.
* Proof that you are stuck in Name check (either by Senator/Congressman or
lawyer inquiry).
* Priority date is current.
* Visas are available.

HTH

well i find it extremely difficult to believe that someone who says they have been waiting since 2001 and they only have 3 posts here :confused: :confused: :confused:

notxer said:
well i find it extremely difficult to believe that someone who says they have been waiting since 2001 and they only have 3 posts here :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats such a silly thing to say! Just 'coz people dont post regularly doesnt mean that they are not genuinely waiting.
Besides what makes you think anyone and everyone who is waiting for a GC will come to this forum??!!!
:mad:

i've seen it so many times by false posters....let me turn your question around another way.... don't you think it's sooooo highly coincidental that their first post after 4 years coincides with them being approved....what are the chances of that....think about it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't be so gullible ;) :rolleyes:

notxer said:
i've seen it so many times by false posters....let me turn your question around another way.... don't you think it's sooooo highly coincidental that their first post after 4 years coincides with them being approved....what are the chances of that....think about it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't be so gullible ;) :rolleyes:

fyi i have also been waiting for 4+ years now so i only find it annoying when people find it """""""""hard to believe"""""""""

many of them happen to be silent observers and so rarely participate.

well if you "truely" have been waiting 4 1/2 years and been a silent waiter here...that is "truely" pathetic... why didn't you contribute? why didn't you get involved? why did you sit on the sidelines as a silent observer for "4 1/2 years"????

Where were you when sillyman, kashmir and I140takesforever begged for help??? :confused:

Why are you not involved with the retrogression board??? :(

You know, life has a funny way of dealing with people, maybe your empathy was in someway connected with your slow approval. :rolleyes:

notxer said:
well if you "truely" have been waiting 4 1/2 years and been a silent waiter here...that is "truely" pathetic... why didn't you contribute? why didn't you get involved? why did you sit on the sidelines as a silent observer for "4 1/2 years"????

Where were you when sillyman, kashmir and I140takesforever begged for help??? :confused:

Why are you not involved with the retrogression board??? :(

You know, life has a funny way of dealing with people, maybe your empathy was in someway connected with your slow approval. :rolleyes:

who are U to judge others and the last thing I need is your opinion on what i should be doing.