I-485 approved...but no card. next steps???

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My I-485 approval was received on Sept 06, 2007 and my wife received the card around Sept 12 2007. I'm still waiting for the physical card. What are my next steps. I did not get the passport stamped yet, but opened a SR with one of the reps last week.

My wife's biometrics were taken properly before we got the approval. I received my biometric appointment ( signature + photo) and completed formatlities on Oct 17, 2007.

Please guide me in this process. Is this normal - anybody in the same boat??

It is not normal to wait so long for the card. Make an Infopass appointment to get your passport stamped and find out if they ordered production of the card. If they haven't ordered card production or haven't sent it, ask the officer at Infopass to request it. If they have sent the card but you didn't receive it, you'll need to file form I-90 to have a new card sent.

Talk to the IO first may be your issue will be resolved by calling. To reach IO call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1 -> Press 2 -> Press 2 -> Press 6 -> Press 1
Now enter your receipt number press 1 (now listen to the case update) -> press 3 -> press 4

This happened to me: I called on Nov 9th because we received welcome notices but online message was saying as PENDING. so this IO looked into the system and confirmed that My wife's card was ordered but mine was not ordered then she said that let me check your FPs then she said oh yes we have your FPs, and told me that she will send an email to the officer working on the case and then your card production will be ordered. and same day I received Card production email and message update and on Nov 16th received cards