I-485 approved: after two FP\'s, Address/Emplyer change, Interview, and Police Clearances

Hal Love

Registered Users (C)
Dear Ciba, ProActive, Unluckywaiter, Interview1, hmmlwtg, and everybody.

I got approval of I-485 at the end of last month.(last week)
 - I\'ve done FP twice.
 - I changed the address and sent \'change of address\' to INS. (but it was not changed in INS until interview)
 - I changed employer more than 180days after RD.
 - I had interview at SJ INS local office. (why: two FP\'s are all rejected)
 - I-485 approved one week after I dropped \'Letter of Police Clearances\' in \'Drop box\' at SJ INS local office.

Our time was 1:00 p.m. We, my family and my lawyer arrived at SJ INS local office about 20 minutes before the time scheduled.
 - Interview stared with oath. (Officer asked to us to tell only the truth, and we just said "Yes.")
 - Q/A: Address, Parent\'s name, Date of Birth/Place.
 - Any conviction, crime, or arrestment? (Did you go with immigration policeman, or immigration officer?)

As other persons done interview, I prepared documents more than I had to provide, but the officer wanted only....
 - Letter of current employment.
 - Copies of Tax return w/ W-2, and recent paystubs.
 - I-94\'s of all family members.

Interview has done in 40 minutes for four of us, all my family.
(Even though appointment time was 30 minutes/each)
Officer said that she want me to get \'Letter of Police Clearances\' for approval, and interview was finished.

My details here again:
RD: 01/01
ND: 01/01
EAD: 03/01
1st FP ND: 03/01 (appointment: 04/01, done as appointment)
2nd FP ND: 07/01 (appointment: 08/01, done two weeks earlier than appointment)
Interview Transfer ND: 09/01
Interview Schedule ND: 11/01 (scheduled date in notice: 01/02)
Interview Date: 01/02
Police Clearances submitted: 01/02
APPROVED: 01/02

** one tip for the \'Letter of Police Clearances\' to Santa Clara Residency **
 -> Just go to the Office of Sheriff of Santa Clara County, DON\'T go to any police departments of any cities.
 -> I\'ve been to San Jose PD first and asked to make it ($5), and they wanted me to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get it, but when I went to Santa Clara County Sheriff Office, they made it($20) right at the spot in 20 minutes.

I\'d like to thank Ciba again for his great effort to help immigration waiters.
You may place my experience at \'Interview Experiences\' in your site.
I don\'t have my history listed on your log, but you may add any of my dates on it.

It was a nice experience with you to get all the information from this site.
Thanks a billion and good luck to you ALL!!!

-Hal

congratulations

could u please explain the police clearance - This is the first time I have heard the phrase police clearance

No Title

Hal Love,
Congratulations, and thanks for posting your experience.
- PCee

Hearty Congrats!

Hal Love,

Did you send the the new employment letter to INS when you changed the Employer? Please let me know your comments. I am in the same boat.

Thanks,
JB15

Hi, rsrgc! Letter of Police Clearances is reuired if your FP\'s are all rejected.

It means that if your FP is once o.k., then it\'s not needed.
To get it, you need to go to the Police Departments of all the addresses you\'ve lived during the last five years.
In my case, I stayed in Cupertino and San Jose.
Therefore, I\'ve been to SJPD for San Jose residency, and Office of Sheriff of Santa Clara County for Cupertino.
(Do you know the thing that Cupertino doesn\'t have independent Police Department building?)
The fact that I found:
> Office of Sheriff of Santa Clara County gives all the clearances for the whole county which includes San Jose and Cupertino
> and.... more than that, it gives you the letter right on your request!!

-Hal

to Hal

u found ur fp rejected
did u get this from avm or from IIO or they sent u a notice

JB15! NO NEED to send employment change to INS, Just wait until the interview.

I followed my lawyer\'s advice that NO NEED to send it even if you\'ve already transferred to interview.
My lawyer is a real expert in immigration, and her advice was proved to be right at interview.
The officer didn\'t ask any more quetions about change of employer, after getting the Letter of Current Employment.

What if you are not transferred to interview?
Not to mention, better not tell INS your change of the employment until you get RFE, of course!

-Hal

Hi again, rsrgc! Until interview, I\'ve NEVER been noticed that all my FP\'s are rejected.

Unfortunately, INS doesn\'t let you know that your FP\'s are all rejected, before the interview.

-Hal

Lawyers contact info

Congrats,
Can you post a message as a reply to this by giving your lawyers contact info , i want to contact her and see if she can help me.

BAPY

Hi, bapy! It\'s law firm with many expert lawyers

SIMMONS & UNGAR Attorneys At Law
Located in San Francisco.
Tel. 415-277-4985

My lawyer was one of the expert lawyers in this firm.
You may ask any of immigratoin lawyers in this firm, and all of them are real experts in immigration laws.
They are all through and updated with the newest immigration laws.
They give you clear answer to any questions of messed up immigration regulations.

Hope it helps.
-Hal

Good to hear you, unluckywaiter! It\'s been a long time.

I really enjoyed \'SJ Interview Club\' with you.
You too have great days!
-Hal