I-485 approval with retrogression, JARKHAND & others

rtinkam

Registered Users (C)
Dear JK:

How does it work when it comes to approval of I-485 with priority dates prior to December 30th of 2004 under EB3 for India, Chaina and phillippines. We all know about those two cases on forums got approved but can every body hope on this or is it a mistake of INS if it gets approved. Say if my friend who filed before retrogression under EB-3 gets his 485 approved now can he file MTR or an appeal on this. His PD is August 2003. He is not married now and will get married in 6 months. So he does not want his 485 approval now. His arguement would be 485 should not be approved unless visa number is current at the time of approval. Advise me and share if you know any one else who got approval.

rtinkam said:
Dear JK:

How does it work when it comes to approval of I-485 with priority dates prior to December 30th of 2004 under EB3 for India, Chaina and phillippines. We all know about those two cases on forums got approved but can every body hope on this or is it a mistake of INS if it gets approved. Say if my friend who filed before retrogression under EB-3 gets his 485 approved now can he file MTR or an appeal on this. His PD is August 2003. He is not married now and will get married in 6 months. So he does not want his 485 approval now. His arguement would be 485 should not be approved unless visa number is current at the time of approval. Advise me and share if you know any one else who got approval.
It should not be a yardstick, Yes keep hopes, wait and expect rapid changes in the policies to award beneficiaries.
First your friend has to show the credibility, if it did happen with cases referred here, before to go for MTR. I suspect, you'll be getting the information of these cases. If they got the benefit of 'Mistake', they will be in trouble.
USCIS knows better.

rtinkam said:
Dear JK:

rtinkam,

I am not sure who two people you are referring to? I know that one of the members (kishuibm) posted that "Retrogation doesnot work on my case !! Approved!!!" http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=169944

But if you look at his later posts...he was indeed EB2...so there was no mistake on USCIS's part to approve his case. Check his post:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=170702

If anyone is EB3 and affected by retrogression, USCIS would not approve their 485 until their PD becomes current.

As a result, your friend shouldn't be scared of getting his 485 approved when he belongs to retrogression and waiting to get married...ask him to keep cool...get married and then hope to see his dates becoming current so that he can get his 485 approved.

rtinkam said:
Dear JK:

JHARKHANDI...(Corrected JARKHAND)