I-485 approval system

maverickvasu

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Great news for all those who are in 485 stage. Today I spoke to my lawyor and enquired about 485 approval. He told me about the update from the NSC officials.

All 2002 filers from january -December were taken off from shelfs and were assigned to the individual officers. And the targets for them has been set to finish up the assigned work in 2-3 months depending on the load and senoirity. Once they are done ,next phase would be consider doing all the cases 2003 will be assigned. If this is the case all 2003 filers will see some thing by the fourth quarter or so . lets hope for the best.

Vasu

Additional information from a website...

This additional information was found on http://masudafunai.com

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER ANNOUNCES CHANGES IN ITS ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESSING

The USCIS￾ENebraska Service Center recently announced that it moved the Form I-140 adjudications from its business product line to its residence product line in order to facilitate the concurrent adjudication of Forms I-140 and I-485. Beginning on April 30, 2004, the Center will have two tracks for the processing of Form I-485 adjustment of status cases. One track will be for concurrently filed applications where the other track will be for stand alone applications. Although it is making this change, the Center indicated that it is not participating in the pilot program being conducted through the California Service Center where concurrently filed Forms I-140 and I-485 will be adjudicated within 75 days. Additionally, it did indicate that the Center believes that the processing times for applications will slow down due to the integration of the Form I-140 adjudications.

The Center stated that it is currently preparing all adjustment of status cases for adjudication which were filed prior to December 2002. When the cases are deemed by a contractor to be adjudication ready in that the fingerprints and the FBI name checks have been completed, the contractor forwards the files to an adjudicator as quickly as possible. The Center indicated that there are approximately 2,200 cases filed prior to January 2002 which have not yet been cleared for adjudication. Additionally, the Center indicated that there are over 24,500 cases filed between February and December 2002 that are still waiting for clearances. The Center stated that a contractor reviews cases on a weekly basis to determine whether they are adjudication-ready and thus can be forwarded to an adjudicator for review.

Hi Vasu If it is true it is not a bad news I would request all the filers before Dec2002 try to get feed back from their atteronys and let share it on this forum please.

NSC or ...

Does anyone know if this procedure is for all the service centers or only Nebraska?

I had originally filed my application at TSC, then I moved and filed AR-11. After that my FP notice arrived from NSC and not TSC. How would I know if my case is still in TSC or has been transferred to NSC? Is there a way to find out?

I am not sure

I am not sure about the other centers . Also I am not sure how to find where ur app is ?. I am sure some body in this form knows. Hopefully they will post some thing.

Vasu

This is indeed good news. although, i also think it is too good to be true. to be honest folks, i have been in this journey long enough to learn as long as we don't hear any bad news from INS we ought to be happy and cheer out. some of you may still remember INS's 6 month processing time goal!! dont take me wrong, i am being optimistic. although i am holding my breath.

anyways, we will soon find out how things get developed.

Originally posted by maverickvasu

All 2002 filers from january -December were taken off from shelfs and were assigned to the individual officers. And the targets for them has been set to finish up the assigned work in 2-3 months depending on the load and senoirity. Once they are done ,next phase would be consider doing all the cases 2003 will be assigned. If this is the case all 2003 filers will see some thing by the fourth quarter or so . lets hope for the best.

Vasu

Does anybody know if the assignment of the file to an officer will change the "last updated" column for he case? This column changed for my wife's case 2 weeks ago, but not for me. We have the same RD ( (10/28/02) and ND (11/15/02).

Definitely good news for late 2002 filers. However, for us early 2002 filers, it is not that good 'cause it should be our turn but we have to share resources with other later filers.
---------------------
RD: 02/2002
FEF: 04/2004

Indeed a good news

However,

from maverickvasu's post
All 2002 filers from january -December were taken off from shelfs and were assigned to the individual officers.

from Japanese's post
The Center stated that it is currently preparing all adjustment of status cases for adjudication which were filed prior to December 2002

This is interesting but seems like December 02 is the boder line right now. I would be curious to know how December 02 fillers cases are treated right now.

I might be in deep waters because my RD is December 27, 2002 and my ND is December 31, 2002!!!!!

well I hope they put me in the 2002 rack and not in 2003.

Wonder if they care about fiscal year or not? If yes, then it should be till Oct 1. This seems like a good news, however, assigning all 2002 cases seems pretty vague.

Cheerys!
Currys

non-concurrent I-485s may slow down

from murthy.com::

NSC’s Implementation of the Ohata Memo

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) issued information regarding its plan to implement the new concurrent filing procedures. It has taken various internal reorganization efforts to permit the concurrent processing of I-140s/I-485s effective from April 30, 2004. The NSC notes that this was not part of the pilot program to adjudicate the I-140s/I-485s within 75 days of filing. The NSC also emphasizes that it anticipates a slow-down in processing non-concurrent I-485s, as they will be processing the concurrent and non-concurrent on separate tracks, giving priority to concurrently filed I-140s and I-485s over those that are not filed concurrently.

urch and vasu
that is the problem I am requesting all lets dicsuss with our atternoies and post views here Vasu has done job lets all do please.

Folks, I was wondering that since it is already April 30, so new meemo might have been enforced. please post your experience or any info especially for concurrent filers before dec 2002. Thanks
Jagathp