I-485 Approval Notice not received -- Please help

fundoo

Registered Users (C)
I have received my courtesy copy...
and original for my wife....but not mine...

What are my options...
I have to go to Atlanta for stamping...

Please advise...

Courtesy copy is fine for Stamping

Fundoo, most people go with Courtesy Copy for stamping as most get that before the original from their lawyers. Get your butt to the Atlanta office and get your passport stamped

Good luck.

No way !!!

Courtesy Copy is yours. Even the original is yours. None of the 485 paperwork belongs to an employer. The only right they may have had was to withdraw the underlying I-140 before 180 days. After that you are really free of them.

Just go get your stamping done. The employer cannot touch you IMO. But, I am not a lawyer.

Check with FAM, he got his passport stamped with Courtesy Copy. (its posted in one of the messages here) I am telling you most people get their passports stamped with the courtesy copy. Even if you have a don\'t believe about it go anyway, worst the local INS office will tell you is you need to bring the original. However, that is not going to be the case

Courtesy Copy or Original does not matter...

... I asked when I did finger printing the other day, since I had both avaliable. The used my Courtesy Copy...

Courtesy copy is enough for stamping (Dallas Office) .

Both copies belong to you. Give your employer a photo-copy of the approval notice.

Ray

No Title

My courtesy copy went to my employer....and now they refuse to give it to me.....

What!!!

fundoo, what\'s wrong with your employer? Tell them you need the courtesy copy to stamp your passport. If I am not wrong, the courtesy copy clearly mentions that is yours to keep.

Fundoo - Your employer is screwing you

Fundoo - your employer is screwing you. If you do not get your original for whatever reason I would get a lawyer and talk to your employer.

I don\'t know under what pretense they are claiming the Courtesy Copy as their property but honestly they I don\'t think they have any right to it. I would contact the INS if you cannot get any cooperation from your company.

INS has a customer service number. Call them at 800-375-5283 they might be able to help you.

No Title

My attorney is saying that she will contact INS, if she did not get the original by tomorrow...(she is also a co. attorney)
Moreover, my employer is saying, if you want Courtesy copy, I have to surrender the original to him for their records...

Guys, anyboy out there know any good attorney who can help me in this situation....I am going to sue the m***f****

They r saying anyway I cannot get stamped using Courtsey Copy...Guys I am f**** at this stage...

Couple questions

Sorry to hear you have to go through this crap even after approval.

I honestly don\'t know why your company wants a record of your approval, have you asked them why ? There is no reason for them to have keep it.

Who is telling you that you cannot do Stamping with the courtesy copy of your approval notice ? 99% (not actual statistic but I have read) of PP stamping messages I have seen on boards are using Courtesy Copy.

It sounds like a total ploy to me to keep you from getting your passport stamped. Tell whomever is to give you the courtesy copy to go get your passport stamped and worst case if it does not work you will give them back the copy.

Also, ask them to make a photocopy of their records if they feel they need it for their records. There is no legal basis for why they need the any copy. Ask them under what grounds they are keeping it and for what legal reasons ? To me this sounds like total BS and as pissed as your story is making me, it must be pissing you off.

Like I said contact the INS customer service and find out from them what legal right does the sponsoring employer have to keep your approval notices (original or courtesy copy). Or contact another Immigration lawyer in your area.