I-485 Application Part 8 Question 25 under General Eligibility and inadmissibility

hopefulgc

The question is as follows:

Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any US immigration official or any official of the US armed forces or U.S coast gaurd?

I had a couple traffic citation which I think USCIS considers infraction. But one issue is that, in 2013, I had an argument with my ex wife who was my wife then and then she made a 911. Police came over, he heard both sides and then my wife lied that I pushed her etc. But there was no arrest made on that day. The officer just made a report and performed a civil stand by. No charges were pressed that day

My wife decided to leave me so few days after my ex went to the police station, got an Emergency protective order for 5 days against me for herself and our daughter so that she settle down and find a lawyer to file divorce. No arrest was made again. She filed for divorce few days after and served me with the papers and the custody battle ensued after. We have come a long way since then and we both have a shared 50/50 physical and legal custody now.

Having said that, I have following questions:

1. Do I need to answer YES for this question? Given that I was not arrested, cited, charged or detained.

2. If I answer yes, do I need to discuss the details of this with my Immigration lawyer who handles all the cases of my employer? I am not comfortable doing this as he represents our firm

3. If I answer YES, will this be a problem while adjudicating the case? Can USCIS officer find this information from police database? If they cannot, I do not want to volunteer with this information and make a mountain of mole hill

Please advice. I am about to turn this application over to my attorney to file everything this month