1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

I-485 and salary less than prevailing wage

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions – I-485 FAQ' started by immi7, Jun 19, 2013.

  1. immi7

    immi7 New Member

    Hi,

    My current salary is about 19% less than the prevailing wage (obtained at the time of PERM filing). I see no scope of my salary being anywhere near the PW by the time my priority date becomes current.

    I have following questions (please help!!!):

    1) At time of I-485 will I need to provide a letter from employer stating that employer agrees to pay Prevailing Wage after I-485 approval or EAD? What are my options if my employer doesn't agree to give such a letter?

    2) Any other issues I need to be aware of because of this difference between salary and prevailing wage?

    Thanks!
     
  2. whitemimauz3

    whitemimauz3 Registered Users (C)

    From the time of labor certification filing until I-485 get approved your employer needs to show they are paying or has ability to pay prevailing wages. If you are currently getting paid 81% employer needs to come up with evidence it continues to have ability to pay remaining 19% in form of net income or net current assets.
     

Share This Page