I-485 and I-140 both pending, Company got sold

akabir77

Hi

I have applied for my GC through my company in EB2 category. My and I both got EAD card back and receipts for I-485(both) and I-140(me). we have given figure print on 7th Feb. All my papers where submitted on January 11th.

Now yesterday i found out that my company got sold to another company.

So my questions are:

1. Is there going to be any problem when they change the company Name?
2. If they layoff me what will happen? Do i get any time to look for new job (i know in H1b you get three months) before i go out of status. What will happen to my wife's EAD card or status (she is working with the EAD).
3. Can i look for a new job right now? And does my new company has to sponsor me again?
4. Is there anyway I can switch job without starting the whole deal?
5. If so then do i have to let my new company know anything? (i mean can i just look for a new job saying i am authorized to work for any company)

Please if i am missing something here let me know and I need to know the answers as i can't sleep since yesterday.

Thanks

Answers below:
1. Don't know
2. You wont be out of status ... join a new employer by invoking AC21 criteria.
3. Well yes - if you want to work on H-1B and no - if you work on EAD.
4. That's what AC21 is all about please read the link above.
5. Didn't understood your question ... The new company will be processing the GC if you invoke AC21.

Answers below:
1. Don't know
2. You wont be out of status ... join a new employer by invoking AC21 criteria.
3. Well yes - if you want to work on H-1B and no - if you work on EAD.
4. That's what AC21 is all about please read the link above.
5. Didn't understood your question ... The new company will be processing the GC if you invoke AC21.
Not so simple. It seems there is less then 6 mo from I485 receipt so AC21 is not applicable. Even if it's more then 6 mo, I-140 is not approved, who will answer RFE if any? If new company is a successor of interest they can file I-140 amendment. Check with lawyer.

Thank you for your answers. I am trying to contact my lawyer who for some reason not answering/returning my call. In the mean time i am spending sleepless nights.

So if i get your answers correctly Since i haven't got my I-140 approved the new company have to do an amendment. But what if the company will change the name for now, every thing else will work as usual and then in three months they will start making the changes? Do i have to do the amendment in the mean time? or i can wait those three/ four month (which btw becomes almost 6 months after my application date?).

And Can i do the AC21 after 6 months, if by that time my I-140 comes approved?