I-485 after Domestic Violence Charge

Sleeplessnights

Hello folks:

I am having sleepless nights and need your help. I applied for AOS (I-485) based on my asylum status in March of 2009. I recently received a notice to appear for an interview at my local USCIS office. I dutifully did so on November 29, 2010.

Here's why I am woried:

In 2006, my ex-wife and I had a misunderstanding and she called the cops and reported that I had pushed her down. I was charged with 5th Degree Domestic Assualt (a misdemeanor). When we went to court, she had a change of heart and did not want to testify. The prosecutor refused to drop the charge based on that. Instead, he convinced me to plead to an amended charge of disorderly conduct which I did. I paid a $275.00 fine, serve 1 year of probation, and completed 10 weeks of anger management classes.

Then in 2007, I received a citation in the mail for "public nuisance" for parking an inoperable vehicle with expired tabs in my yard. I went to court, paid a $50.00 fine and the charge was dismissed.

At my interview on 11/29/10 which lasted for about 10-15 minutes, I gave the I.O. the certified courts dispositions for the two incidents. She was very nice and only asked me the generic questions birth date, kids' birth dates, etc. She then asked me if my disorderly conduct conviction was a plead down from domestic assault? I answered "yes" and tried to explain that I never laid a hand on my ex-wife, but she stopped me and said that was fine.

My question is, what are my chances of getting approved or denied? How long does it usually take to receive a decision?

Any and all expert and experential feedback will be highly appreciated.

wait n see

I think that since you don't have aggravated charges, chances are high.

In this country ...some times laws tend to favour women a lot ...no fault of men.