I-140 (Work Experience Equivalency)

rakeshr

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

In my labor it was mentioned BS in CS or Work Equivalent.
I have 3 Yrs degree + 2 Yrs NIIT diploma & 7 Yrs of experience.

Please let me know if there are any previous I-140 approvals for similar type of cases.

Thanks in Advance
Rakesh

What was asked in Form ETA750A in column 13 ,14 and 15 write the full details, get copy of ETA 750A from Lawyer or HR

Ginnu,

Please let me know what do you think about my case.
RIR/EB3

Column 14:

Grade School 8
High School 4
College 4

College Degree Required

Bachelor or Work exp. equiv.

Major Field of study :

Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering

Experience : Yrs 2

Related Occupation Yrs 2

Related Occupation

Database Administrator

Column 15

Two years experience with Oracle & SQL

College Degree Required

“2 Yrs NIIT diploma”
I don’t know if they will accept NIIT diploma to add with your 3 year degree to make it equal to BC in computer science, generally educational evaluators count any diploma from recognized university or government of India institutes I don’t know if NIIT diploma is recognized by govt of India. Don’t count on the evaluation done at the time of H1 filing; now they are strict get education evaluation from the reputed education evaluation company like Trust Forte NYC and that is accepted by BCIS.
Others may know or post you if NIIT is accepted

Hi Ginnu,

Is it not a discrepancy that BCIS considers education + experience for H1 for credit towards US Bachelors degree and not consider the same standards for GC processing.

I wonder if this would stand in court if challenged. Does any one know if any petition has been filed in this regards, that would be helpful to lots of people working on H1 and has been contributing greatly to social security.

Don't worry u are qualified

Hi,

Don't panic I belive u are all set ,

contact with Forigner Education /document service verfication people in your area. (try Google search). they will give u best advice, I belive are all set so don't panic.

I had (B.COM) degree from south Asia country, but here it was 2 yrs Degree equivl. LC asked US Degree required or equvil. 2yrs Exp. (but didn't mentioned the subject)

my degree was Commerce Graduate ( here 2yrs Equivl)
but I was told u need 6+ yrs exp in field (even asked 2yrs in LC)

so u can qualify the INS requirment. in ur LC thry are asking College degree and you are Bechl DEgree from (I guess India/Pak) , I belive uare qualified just don't panic. contact to Forigner Education /document service verfication people near to u talked them and best thing is let ur attorney do for u.

My attorney want to go with education equiv but unfortunately my degree didn't matched with equivl so we went with experience more than asked in LC.

what I am understanding is u are Bchl.Degree holder from (india/pak) or wherever and here Bechlor degree is equivl of college degree so u are qualified and even not don't worry u can qualify with work experience I belive u are applying for programmer /databae IT jobb.. just don't panic. :)

Ali
ali4d@hotmail.com

I had more experience