I-140, status message

IN2US

Registered Users (C)
I got the following Email regarding my I-140 status

"On October 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

When I called the 1-800 number, it said that a decision should be made within 60 days.

any predictions/ experiences on the final decision from the above message.

Thanks in advance

IN2US said:
I got the following Email regarding my I-140 status

"On October 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

When I called the 1-800 number, it said that a decision should be made within 60 days.

any predictions/ experiences on the final decision from the above message.

Thanks in advance

Well, I know the answer so allow me to give it to you.
There is actually a memo from USCIS telling us that an answer (or an update) should be given to the petitioner within 60 days. And as far as i know, USCIS respect this 60 days period pretty well.
Unless you are like me... and they dont. If they don't yu ll need to call on the 60th day and start an inquiry. They ll give you yet another reference number (starting with TIB and finishing with the service center you originally applied) and will ask you to wait 30 days.
Unless you are like me...and they dont. Well i am being not entirely honnest. I still have 4 days before the 30th day...
So basically ? the answer to your question ? Well, take a magic 8 ball. Chances are on your side to get the answer within 60 days thou... No need to worry (yet).