I-140 RFE - Urgent

maheshcr

Registered Users (C)
CIS had asked for the evidence to prove I have met the educational requirements. But my attorney had decided to respond stating the DOl had already found the phrase "bachelor's or equivalent" was sufficient and DOL had already favoured the case.

What will happen with the above response?

Please reply ASAP!

Mahesh

I think you should be fine as long your edu. evaluation meets the standards, by the way is it a four year degree or three + diploma (or post graduation), don't worry you will get it approved..!

Thanks Mithun. Actually I have a Bachelors Degree in commerce from India, Diploma in Software engineering and a Master's Degree in Computer Science from UK. However, my attorney didn't notify DOL of the master's degree, but it still got approved.

Attorney will be responding stating the educational qualifications has been reviewed and approved by DOL and it falls under their Jurisdiction.

maheshcr said:
Thanks Mithun. Actually I have a Bachelors Degree in commerce from India, Diploma in Software engineering and a Master's Degree in Computer Science from UK. However, my attorney didn't notify DOL of the master's degree, but it still got approved.

Attorney will be responding stating the educational qualifications has been reviewed and approved by DOL and it falls under their Jurisdiction.
Hey Mahesh,
Donot hurry up things. See what CIS is asking. Do not rush. One or two weeks extra to respond RFE is fine as long as the documentation is good. Please share your ETA 750 form details especially 14 and 15 boxes. We 3 year degree group did lot of research on this issue. I read in Murthy.com that DOL's way of approving on educational backround totally different from USCIS and especially with NSC. Also if anything bad happens to 140 YOU ARE THE LOSER NOT THE ATTORNEY. So becareful. I have gone through this hell last 7 moths. So please research more. To be frank your attorney answer to rfe that way is for me is scary. I wont allow him to reply like that. But still its your decision.
Thanks
KK

Hi KK,

I don't have the ETA - 750 form details with me. The attorney's response is even scary for me and I even tried to reach my attorney stating the RFE doesn't mention anything about my Master's degree in Computer Science from UK. Well aware I am the loser, but control is with the attorney and even I am thinking of suggesting my credentials to be reviewuated by trustforte and send it to the CIS.

maheshcr said:
Hi KK,

I don't have the ETA - 750 form details with me. The attorney's response is even scary for me and I even tried to reach my attorney stating the RFE doesn't mention anything about my Master's degree in Computer Science from UK. Well aware I am the loser, but control is with the attorney and even I am thinking of suggesting my credentials to be reviewuated by trustforte and send it to the CIS.
Hi Mahesh,
What happened to your HR? Are they going to help you at all? How are the relationships with managers and others. You need to be aggressive to talk to your higher authorities. If you feel nobody gonna help just pray god and start looking for new labor and etc. I donot want to scare you but its a fact. Good luck to you. I will include yourself in my list during my prayers with someothers too.
Thanks
KK

Thanks KK. Yes, I spoke with my HR and made her aware of the situation that the credentials may need to be evaluated and if denied, I will be out of status that will prevent me from working for the company. She asked me to call attorney and as I couldn't get hold of her, I emailed the attorney copying my HR.

Got an response that they (the attorney) intend to send a copy of my Master's degree along with the RFE as there was no mention of my Master's in the RFE. Will this do or do I need to get it evaluated by an agency?

Thanks again KK for me being in your prayers.

Mahesh

My attorney has asked me to send whatever I have. So I am going to have my credentials evaluated by TrustForte and send it to the attorney, so they can send it along with the RFE response.

From looking at various threads, Trustforte seems to be a reliable company and they said they will get my credentials evaluated by Monday noon and will email me the evaluation transcript.

Is printed copy of the evaluated transcript acceptable by CIS or does it need to be in the letterhead of the evaluation agency?

Thanks for all the help,

Mahesh

Hi Krishkish,
what is your labor 14 and 15 sections say? is yours 3 years degree? did you get rfe on edu eval? what could be wrong for denial for all candidates except your case?

onefortyguy said:
Hi Krishkish,
what is your labor 14 and 15 sections say? is yours 3 years degree? did you get rfe on edu eval? what could be wrong for denial for all candidates except your case?

Hi Mahesh,
Two things you need look first.

ETA 750 14 & 15 boxes and Your full RFE. Based on that you can go for new evaluation. Hope this helps.

Hi Onefortyguy,
The only difference between others and me is I did my polytechnic in Electronics and based on that I got admission into Engineering college which is 3 years. Most of the guys denied due to two reasons.
3 years Degree + 1 yr Computer course or 3 years BS + 3 yrs Engg. The later one have very good chance of getting approval than earlier one.

In my case there is an ample of evidence that my polytechnic is required for engg degree though it is 3 years and major field is same. The anology Trustforte and attoney used is Community college and 3 year bachelors here. That worked very well in my case due to God's grace.

My ETA says
Box 14: Bachelors or Foreign Equivalent
Box 15: Electronics and Communication Engg or related field

My no. of years says "X". I really dont know why my attorney did not mention the number of years. But BS is 4 years here so it might be default.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks
KK

Hi Mahesh,

It is good to know that the Attorney has agreed and asked you to furnish further supporting documents. It is also a better decision on your part to get the education reevaluated thru Trustforte. Make sure they give emphasis to your Master's degree in CS and it is submitted on Trustfote's letterhead.

Based on the RFE and your planned response, you seem to be fine.

Good luck.

DIGS

Hi Digs,

I have faxed the documents to Trustforte and they have acknowledged the receipt of the same. They will be sending the evaluated transcript by Monday noon after which I will be faxing the same to my attorney. Hope my attorney will have the response sent by next week.

From looking at previous threads, seems it takes about 3 weeks for the CIS to make a decision.

I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Mahesh

Krish,

I don't have the ETA form with me. However, my attorney had just asked me to send whatever I have. I grabbed this opportunity to get the credential evaluated by trustforte. How long tentatively does it take before CIS makes a decision?

Mahesh

maheshcr said:
Krish,

I don't have the ETA form with me. However, my attorney had just asked me to send whatever I have. I grabbed this opportunity to get the credential evaluated by trustforte. How long tentatively does it take before CIS makes a decision?

Mahesh
Hi Mahesh,

What was the evaluation outcome? Did Trustforte give you an evaluation that your BSc alone is equivalent to Bachelors in US.

SBSS

Mahesh,

I had the same issue and we replied the RFE with education Evavulation saying that my B.Sc computer science degree is equal to US BS degree. Could you tell me how did you do it?

Hi July140,

I had my credentials evaluated by Trustforte and this is what they said on a high level indicating my education is equivalent to "Bachelor of Scient" in the United states.

Mahesh completed a bachelor of commerce program from <university>. Additionality he completed a post-secondary program in Software Engg. at Aptech. Lastly, he completed a Master's progrom in Information Technology at <university name>. Based on the foregoing academic crendentials, I find Mr. <lastname> attained the equivalent of bachelor of science degree with a dual major in Computer Science and Business Administration, and a Master's degree in Information Technology from an accredited US institution of higher education.

Above is what the TrustForte had stated. Have you already sent the RFE?

Thanks

Mahesh

july140 said:
Mahesh,

I had the same issue and we replied the RFE with education Evavulation saying that my B.Sc computer science degree is equal to US BS degree. Could you tell me how did you do it?

Hi July140,

How were you able to get your BSc from India evaluated to be equivalent to BS from US. Please let me know the evaluation company who did this. I am in a similar situation.

Mahesh,

You may have to do this as well.

Last edited by a moderator: