I-140 RFE Notice - How long?

maheshcr

Registered Users (C)
RFE was requested by the CIS on June 13th (Status said : RFE notice was mailed on June 13th), but haven't yet got the notice.

Does anybody have any clue how long it takes for the notice to reach the attorney? My attorney is located in Texas and the RFE was requested by the NSC.

Thanks for your help....

Mahesh

maheshcr said:
RFE was requested by the CIS on June 13th (Status said : RFE notice was mailed on June 13th), but haven't yet got the notice.

Does anybody have any clue how long it takes for the notice to reach the attorney? My attorney is located in Texas and the RFE was requested by the NSC.

Thanks for your help....

Mahesh

It should be taken the same time as a regular mail.

Regumar mail takes about 3-4 days, to the maximum, it takes a week. But, it's been 11 days since the notice has been mailed. No news yet.

goodl luck

RFE goes to Ur attorney... Make sure that the attorney checks the mail...
Generally NSC does the manual posting a little ahead of doing LUD for web.

goodl luck .. hope that RFE is a easy one.

eBhola

Thanks eBhola.

Have been checking with my attorney almost daily. As well, called NSC yesterday, but was told any information can be provided only to the attorney. Had attorney call the NSC yesterday and the attorney was told by an immigration officer the notice has been mailed on June 13th and she can call back if the notice haven't reached the attorney's office in 14 days.

My attorney said she will call back NSC on Monday if the notice doesn't reach them. Am very very curious to know what the RFE is as I had been waiting for the case to be moved for 1.5 years. The wait continues.....the good part is my attorney is quite co-operative and provides necessary information when needed.

maheshcr said:
Thanks eBhola.

Have been checking with my attorney almost daily. As well, called NSC yesterday, but was told any information can be provided only to the attorney. Had attorney call the NSC yesterday and the attorney was told by an immigration officer the notice has been mailed on June 13th and she can call back if the notice haven't reached the attorney's office in 14 days.

My attorney said she will call back NSC on Monday if the notice doesn't reach them. Am very very curious to know what the RFE is as I had been waiting for the case to be moved for 1.5 years. The wait continues.....the good part is my attorney is quite co-operative and provides necessary information when needed.

It is good. So you can get timely help from your attorney when you need. If USCIS said they mailed RFE on 6/13, it should be out of USCIS office already and it should be on 6/13. Try to get help from your attorney as much as you can if he/she is very cooperative.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the notice to be received by the attorney atleast next week. Monday happens to be the 14th day though....

Any idea if NSC would disclose to my attorney what the RFE is about if she doesn't get the notice next week?

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

It is surprising that NSC's internal slow & lethargicness has now affected its outgoing mails too. On coming monday, your Attorney may request NSC to fax the RFE with a copy by mail.

June month by far seems to be ending with the least approvals and maximum RFEs. The only brighter side to not processing 485s of EB3 for want of visa numbers from July should be more of 140 approvals, hopefully.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 ??

Good Point DIGS. I can ask my attorney if she will be able to get the RFE faxed by NSC.

Thanks

Mahesh

Rfe

Hi maneshcr

I have same experience but the good thing is there is no really RFE. I got an email on May 24,2005 that I received an RFE on my 1-485 and since then my attorney did not received any notice , when I call the service center there is a computer error. SO please call again the center if there is really an RFE on your 1140 application

Thanks
Bac1209

Hi Bac1209,

I called the NSC twice last week and they said an RFE has been requested and then I chose a different option to get to an officer and was told they can provide any information only to the attorney upon which I had my attorney call them.

Will check with the customer service again next week.

Mahesh

My case was updated with the message "Notice was undeliverable by the post office". I had my attorney call the CIS and finally, the CIS will be resending the notice back to my attorney. CIS officer told my attorney that they cannot fax the RFE notice.

Today is the 15th day since the RFE notice was mailed and till date I don't know what the RFE is all about. Now, the CIS will ask me to wait for another 14 days to receive the mail. Still, I didn't know where the problem was as my advance parole extensions were mailed correctly to my attorney before and they haven't changed the address as well. The wait continues......

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

It is unfortunate. Looks like NSC has started to blame the Post-Office now.

Good luck.

DIGS

Error in Address

maheshcr said:
My case was updated with the message "Notice was undeliverable by the post office". I had my attorney call the CIS and finally, the CIS will be resending the notice back to my attorney. CIS officer told my attorney that they cannot fax the RFE notice.

Mahesh

Mahesh,
Just wondering if Ur attorney corrected his address with CIS ... or else they will send it back to the old bad address.

Good luck.

RFE copy to employer?

I recevied a e-mail that on 24th June uscis has send a RFE. I am checking with my attorney but still he has not received. Will uscis send copy of rfe to employer too?

No, it only goes to the attorney. If your attorney doesn't get the notice in 7 days, you may want to alert the attorney.

eBhola - I don't think my attorney's address has changed. My Advance Parole extension was sent to the same address and it went through fine. Anyway, will double check with my attorney as well.

Thanks

Mahesh

Notice has been resent on Wednesday (06/29). My attorney changed the address last year and the notice was sent to the old address. However, I verified the attorney's address with the CIS customer representative this.

Mahesh

Attorney received the RFE notice on 8th July, but wouldn’t tell me what the RFE is about. Looks like they had signed an agreement that they would give the information to the employer who may wish to pass on the information if they like. Eagerly awaiting to know what the RFE is all about from the employer as the attorney said she will be passing on the information to my HR this morning and I can contact my HR sometime in the afternoon.

Hi Mahesh,

Best is to pursue and be informed as to what the query is and what likely response would be. If possible, suggest and try pushing your views too from the invaluable knowledge that we gain thru this forum.

Obviously, you are the only beneficiary and generally the employer or the attorney dont care much, even if the case is dragged endlessly.

Good luck.

DIGS

Hi Digs,

I contacted my HR and she haven't yet got the information from the attorney. I have also requested to fax the copy of the notice if she gets the notice by fax else she should be forwarding the email with the copy. I am eagerly awaiting to see what the RFE is. Hopefully, I will know something tomorrow.

Mahesh