I-140 RFE, help

IN2US

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
here is my situation, I applied for I-140 on 28 Aug 06' under EB2-RIR
the minimum requiremets in In my labor cert' are "Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalant plus one year of experience" .
and I meet the above requirements.In fact I have more than one year experience and I mentioned the same in my resume which was submitted along with labor/I-140 application.

Now I got RFE, asking for the following details.

1. Experience letters from all the previous employers
2. my W-2 Forms since 2001
4. Evidence of Company's ability to pay
5. Form 941, Quarterly Tax Report for each quarter in 2006 from current employer

the company I work for is mid size company (1200+ employees)
and is very supportive in my GC process.

the only issue I have right now is one of the company that I worked for no longer exists (market crash post 9/11), but the remaining experience letters will make up to more than one year. I have contact info of my manager (who is working for an other company now) and he will provide me the experience letter, but my question is, will it be acceptable if the experience letter is not on a Company’s letter head?? (for that one Company which no longer exists)
and also is there any standard format that need’s to be followed??

Any inputs are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friends submitted an experience letter from his former collegue as a print out of his email (since he was out of country) and he got the approval (there was no RFE in his case). Apparently his lawyer told him that it would be preferable if the experience letter is submitted with an affidavit (or notary), but if the letter is from an american boss/collegue, the uscis may not be too particular and accept with out an affidavit or notary.

I am 'assuming' if your former boss could give a letter on his current company's letter head with his current contact info, explaining the situation and summarizing your job and skills etc and if possible get it notarized in a neary bank, it may be sufficient. Usually if your labor cert. requires only one year exp., only that much proof is necessary and not sure why you are requested to submit for all previous years. You could check with your lawyer for more information.

Request your former manager to issue you a letter on his current company's letterhead stating your earlier job duties, position etc. He should mention that he no longer works with you and is stating all this on his/her current company head. This is acceptable.

IN2US said:
Gurus,
here is my situation, I applied for I-140 on 28 Aug 06' under EB2-RIR
the minimum requiremets in In my labor cert' are "Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalant plus one year of experience" .
and I meet the above requirements.In fact I have more than one year experience and I mentioned the same in my resume which was submitted along with labor/I-140 application.

Now I got RFE, asking for the following details.

1. Experience letters from all the previous employers
2. my W-2 Forms since 2001
4. Evidence of Company's ability to pay
5. Form 941, Quarterly Tax Report for each quarter in 2006 from current employer

the company I work for is mid size company (1200+ employees)
and is very supportive in my GC process.

the only issue I have right now is one of the company that I worked for no longer exists (market crash post 9/11), but the remaining experience letters will make up to more than one year. I have contact info of my manager (who is working for an other company now) and he will provide me the experience letter, but my question is, will it be acceptable if the experience letter is not on a Company’s letter head?? (for that one Company which no longer exists)
and also is there any standard format that need’s to be followed??

Any inputs are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.