I-140 Premium Processing

zeeshan673

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My Labor certification is approved and now I am going to file I-140. My friends are recommending me to file I-140 and I485 concurrently. Remember that we are talking about PERM over here.
My lawyer came up with this suggestion that we shouldn't file I140 and I485 Concurrently. According to her, we can file I140 in Premium processing and it can be approved in 15 days. I talked to some other lawyers and got this information that as of now 2/24/2008, I-140 cannot be filed in premium processing and it is suspended untill further notice.

Therefore, some people(Lawyers) are saying that we can file it in premium processing and some are saying that we can't. This is a very confusing situation. Please help. Please tell me the source for your answer too. I am at a stage where I can't trust my lawyer.

Warmest regards,

Zeeshan

Thanks very much for the quick replies gentlemen.

I understood what you said.

Now second thing is: I am paying the expenses of my own EB2 filing and lawyer's fee. Rightnow, I don't have enough money to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently for me and my wife.
Now, what I was thinking is : If I file I-140 in regular processing, can I also file I-765 (Work permit) application along with I-140?

What I have in my mind is: If my wife get the work permit through me, she can start working.

1- Can I-140 and I-765 (work permit) be filed concurrently without filing for I-485?
2- If I-140 is in pending, could there be any hope to get the EAD before I-140 is approved?
3- Do we need to provide the medical checkup to file for I-765?

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it alot.

Warmest regards,

Zeeshan

Now, what I was thinking is : If I file I-140 in regular processing, can I also file I-765 (Work permit) application along with I-140?
No, you become eligible for I-765 if you apply for I-485 and I-1765 together or have already applied for I-485 but want to apply for I-765 at a later time when I-485 is still pending.

1- Can I-140 and I-765 (work permit) be filed concurrently without filing for I-485?
No, only if you file I140 and I485 concurrently, you can at the same time apply for I-765 and Advance Parole I-131.
2- If I-140 is in pending, could there be any hope to get the EAD before I-140 is approved?
EAD can't be applied with just I140 pending. But if you have I485 pending, yes the EAD can usually get approved within 90 days from application date, sometimes even earlier.
3- Do we need to provide the medical checkup to file for I-765?
Medicals are only needed when applying for I-485. You don't need to have medical done when applying for EAD.

Need Cruicial Advice Regarding I-140 And I-485

Hi guys

I need a very cruicial advice.

I work for a consultant company and we filed the labor certification in Perm. I hired a lawyer but unfortunately she is of no use at all. She made a big blunder from the very first day and because of her, my labor certification was denied because she filled the ETA 9089 incorrectly. After that, I realized that I should take a step forward and I bought a "Self Help Perm Kit" from the internet and I found that it was very informative. Me and my employer filed ETA 9089 by ourselves and now, my labor certification is approved. We paid $2000 for that, and we literally did everything ourselves. I was very dissatisfied that we paid this and she was of no use.

Now we want to go ahead to file I-140 and I-485. For this, we have to pay our lawyer the second set of fee and since I am not satisfied with her services, so I have two options. Either change the lawyer or proceed the process by myself with the help of my employer. My employer is very helpful and he is willing to help me out of his way.

My questions are:

1- Since I have researched alot on Perm and I think that I can file myself, What are the pros and cons of pursuing my case myself? Can I go ahead without a lawyer?
2- If I go ahead by myself without a lawyer, what are the pros and cons of it?
3- If lawyer is really necessary, would you please recommend any good lawyer with reasonable rates around Los Angeles area?
4- I am willing to spend only $2000 for I-140 and I-485. The reason for this is: My consultant company is not willing to share any confidential information with any lawyer. They say that just get the list of documents and we will file it ourselves. Hence, the lawyer is needed only to answer few critical questions, and lawyer is not even needed to fill any forms. Would you recommend any lawyer who is willing to work with us on hourly basis, or as a law consultant. We will try to reach him only on phone.
5- Interested lawyers can contact me directly at my cell: 408-661-0200.
6- Me and my company are more interested to pursue the I-140 and I-485 by ourselves (I have seen the forms, they are pretty straight forward), but if there are more disadvantages than advantages to pursue the case without a lawyer then please advise at your best that what should we do.

Thank you so much all of you for your precious time. I really appreciate it all.

Warmest regards,

Zeeshan

Lawyer Needed for I-140

Hi guys,

I am considering to change my lawyer. Will there be any advice to consult a lawyer in Los Angeles who can pursue my case from I-140 to I-485 in Labor Certification process (PERM).

At present, my labor certification is approved and we want to file I-140 as soon as possible.

Please email me directly at zeeshan673@gmail.com along with rates and breakdown of the fee.

Warmest regards,

Zeeshan