I-140 is finally approved after Two long years

inferno

Registered Users (C)
After two long frustrating years finally my I-140 is approved.Here is my story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My I-140 was filed on last week of January 2004 with employer copy of LC because DOL sent the Attorney's copy to a wrong address and when my attorney contacted the DOL they said they can not issue a duplicate copy of LC but suggested to file with employer's copy.

USCIS issued a RFE to DOL on August 2004 asking for a copy of LC. When we contacted DOL in Februay 2005 they told us the copy was sent to USCIS back in August 2004.

But USCIS did not change the status of my application even after 4 case enquires. When we contacted USCIS through AILA liason USCIS replied they did not receive the copy from DOL. DOL is saying they would not send another copy unless USCIS reissues the request.

My company's attorney sent a letter saying that if we don't hear from you in 30 days we are going to file writ of mandmus (basically sueing USCIS for not processing my case ) after the first letter the USCIS attorney approached my attorney and said they will send another request to DOL and want few more weeks of time.

Our Attorney sent another letter with intention of filing writ of mandmus after two weeks. This time we USCIS attorney came back with a good news and said they received a copy of my LC from DOL and it will take couple of weeks to have a decision. In December USCIS sent another RFE on employers ability to pay. But this one was easy because I have been working for the same company and my salary and w-2 shows more than what we have on my ETA-750.

And finally my I-140 apprroved last week but the bad part is now the visa dates retrogated.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has gone the same route , i understand. All i can say is look at the bright side.Its not in your hands any more just have to wait it out.