I-140 gurus .... Please advice

Pentiumzero

I have been in U.S past 5 years and I applied my I-140 last month at TSC. I am
in a critical situation which i can\'t share this information with my attorney
right now. I was layed off in 1999 from the client site due to budget problems.
Employer said they will keep my H1B active but without pay. After a month I got the
notice from employer says that my H1B got cancelled. Then I tried different
employer, got the job and applied for H1. All this process tooks to me 6 mo. to get
on to the payrole . So totally I was out-of pay/status for 6 months. But luckely my previous
employer gave me the experience letter for all the months (including bench time
6 months).
a) How the INS know that I was in out of status?
b) Are they check my all H1 statues?
c) Whether my I-140 processing will effect in future?

Other than that My record has been very cleen for past 5 years. Any advices will be
appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

You need to explain the situation to your attorney

Hiding it will just make matters worse. Explain the situation and see what can be done. You need expert advice here and, although the anonymity of this forum may be comforting to you, only an attorney who has been retained and is familiar with the particular circumstances can guide you here. If the attorney that is handling your case is a corporate attorney you may want to consider consulting with outside counsel to preserve your attorney-client priviledge.

Jim

A request to you Mr. Someone1 ....

Whoever you are Mr. Someone1.. Please don\'t say something which may hurt others.. The gentleman came here for an advice.. if you don\'t have one or don\'t have time or don\'t like what he did, please keep quiet or just don\'t do what he did..

You never know that he may be a victim of a situation.. He might not have any control over it... What is there to be ashamed of... I cordially request you not to say somthing what you are not ready to hear... He might be hesitating to say everything to his lawyer... There is nothing wrong in it.. You don\'t have to say everything upfront to your lawyer.. May be he will disclose this too when he files AOS .. Or may be he won\'t.. That\'s not our business...

He asked for help.. If you can\'t help, just don\'t bother Mr. SOmeOne1...

Why can\'t we all be little cordial to others...

Contact a professional!

Hi Pentiumzero! If I were you, I will tell everyhthing to my lawyer.. You have to trust your lawyer.. You are his client.. your success is his success.. And above all, he is an expert in this field.. He is the best person to discuss this kind of complicated cases..
Most of the people here in this forum are novice or may have some educated guess (except a few like, Jim, Gking ). You don\'t want to take a chance on educated guess, right? So please consult some professionals..
You may take help from Ms. Murthy\'s free chat sessions (www.Murthy.com)..
I don\'t know if it helped or not... Good luck!

Mr. Silent Watcher, SHAMELESS venky_k

If Pentiumzero is on H1b here in USA, he knows what he is doing.
Pentiumzero understands the term "out-of pay/status for 6 months",
understands "the experience letter for all the months" is not true,
understands he/she did provide "untrue" info to INS on I-140.
But, Pentiumzero don\'t know what to do now!

Okay Mr. Silent Watcher, if you can be sympathetic to Pentiumzero, I can be harsh.

Mr. venky_k why did my words hurt YOU? did you do some thing of that sort?

Dont not be critical, if can suggest then it is okay.

Hi folks

When HE/SHE is just explaining the whole episode,why the h** do you talk this way,if you can suggest r can give some direction do it but not critize.

Same situation but did not have any problem.

Hi Pentiumzero

I had a friend in same boat but he did not face any problem.There r many factores under which ur case may fall( it depends).My friend, still not done with Lobor,so it will be premature to talk about 140 at this stage.Hope this will shed some light.

Good luck with 140.

Remember, even the best advice is limited by this forum

All of us here, even the most knowledgeable, is operating with limited knowledge. For simple questions this may not present a major difficulty but as the complexity of the situation and the applicable law increases, the accuracy of the advice provided becomes more and more questionable. Yours is not a simple situation.

Jim

That\'s what I meant for someone1

Someone1 ---> No, I never did something like that.

My only intention was, if someone1 can help / provide suggestion to
solve the problem, Let him do it.

No point in criticizing.
(Someone1 ---> Sorry for criticizing you !!!!!!)

You guys are simphetic to a known perjurer ...

Okay guys, here is my suggestion to Pentiumzero: Go to nearest INS and surrender (with facts).