I-140/Change of employer

cooldude2k4

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, please help me.

I'm currently with employer A working as a consultant for employer B. I am planning to change to employer C who is sponsoring my green card. The labor petition is approved. But employer C is asking me to be on the pay roll and can apply for I-140/485 stages after 2-3 months for solid paper work. But I might get an offer from employer B. What do you think I should do? Can I continue with employer C and start the paper work and then transfer it. What exactly I should do...please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

cooldude2k4 said:
Gurus, please help me.

I'm currently with employer A working as a consultant for employer B. I am planning to change to employer C who is sponsoring my green card. The labor petition is approved. But employer C is asking me to be on the pay roll and can apply for I-140/485 stages after 2-3 months for solid paper work. But I might get an offer from employer B. What do you think I should do? Can I continue with employer C and start the paper work and then transfer it. What exactly I should do...please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

From my limited knowledge, best bet for you would be, join employer c, work with him untill you get your 140 and once you get it you can join employer b on EAD/AC-21 but there is a catch here, 140 might take anywhere between 6 months to 1 year so, will your employer B will hold the offer untill then and other catch would be with the current memo where they are supposed to adjuncticate 140/485 concurrently, you will never know how long your 140 approval will take.

One other option for you would be join employer B on h1 and continue GC process with employer C as future employee but i dont think your employer C would agree for this.

I strongly advise you better get a opinion form senior members in this forum or talk to an attorny.

Thanks,
octFiler.

Hello cooldude2k4,
What is the best possible answer you got on this. My case is also similar.

My GC processing is going on with other employer under future employment. I-140/ 485 were already applied around 3 months back. Now, do I need to change to the new employer or can I continue with my present employer. Can anyone pls let me know when or at what stage should (or Must) I join the new employer? I got my EAD.

Thanks,
Sheshu