I-140 approved in 14 days

perm201

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-140 and it got approved in 14 days. I couldnt believe it!!. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the retrogression mess. I just wanted to reconfirm this that even if I am a PR or citizen of any other country other than India and my spouse too belongs to India there is no way out other waiting for the priority dates to become current? Just wishful thinking :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
perm201 said:
I applied for I-140 and it got approved in 14 days. I couldnt believe it!!. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the retrogression mess. I just wanted to reconfirm this that even if I am a PR or citizen of any other country other than India and my spouse too belongs to India there is no way out other waiting for the priority dates to become current? Just wishful thinking :)

Thanks
congrats, r u under Eb-2 or Eb-3? which center processed ur I140? was it nebraska or texas? u can know that by checkin ur application first 3 letters , if it starts with LIN then it is processed by nebraska but if it SRC then it is texas. so which one processed ur application?

perm201 said:

Thanks

it goes with country of birth, which in your case is India

Concurrent filing?

Guys, My PD is march 2005 and got my labor approved in sep first week. Am i eligible to apply I-140 and 485 concurrent? Sorry if this is not the right thread.

waiting_legally said:
folks,

yes thats true. It was filed under Premium Processing.

k.

anu.sonti said:
Guys, My PD is march 2005 and got my labor approved in sep first week. Am i eligible to apply I-140 and 485 concurrent? Sorry if this is not the right thread.

If your country of birth is India, then no. Else yes. EB2 India will remain retrogressed for some time. With a March 2005 PD, you may become eligible to file I-485 in 2008-2009.

whitemimauz3 said:
it goes with country of birth, which in your case is India

--I think it goes by the country of citizenship. For example: If one is born in india but attained canadian citizenship etc., they can use that to under non-indian visa quota...

No it’s by country of birth. If you’re born in India and you get Canadian Citizenship you still fall under Indian quota. If you get UK Citizenship you still fall under Indian quota.

See the pattern?