I-140 approval after denial???

pianopiano

Hello All,
I am glad I found this forum. It's been 3 years since I started this immigration saga. My lawyer submitted my I-140 (Feb. 2003) in extraordinary category, one year after I hired him. (He got prosecuted with 3 years out of license) Then I submitted I-485 by myself in Oct. 2003. Waited and waited....then received denial of I-140 in January 2005... I consulted a different lawyer whom my friend recommended. But he wasn't helpful either. He didn't give me a feedback after the consultation. Then recently received 3 letters at once. First letter says "After review, we have reopened the above application or petition, or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."
Second letter says "The above petition has been approved. The person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision is reached on his or her pending adjustment of status application." Third letter is for I-485 and says the same thing with the first letter.

It's a great news and I am excited, but also confused why suddenly they approve after a denial. They should be so busy that there is no time to review stuff like this. Did anybody have a similar experience?

I appreciate your comments. ;)