I-140 and I-485 Concurrent Filing

satschicago

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
are there any disadvantages or issues with filing I-140 and I-485 concurrently? (Apart from losing the Fee Amount, in the case of I-140 being denied). My employer says they will file I-140 first and then I-485. But I want them to file them concurrently along with EAD and AP.

Thanks in advance friends!

Friends,
are there any disadvantages or issues with filing I-140 and I-485 concurrently?

----- You get the early PD for I-485 and if I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days you can change employer and can use AC21
(Apart from losing the Fee Amount, in the case of I-140 being denied). My employer says they will file I-140 first and then I-485. But I want them to file them concurrently along with EAD and AP.
----- I hope your employer or Lawyer is playing a trick to delay the I-485. They have become aware of AC21. Many employers give the reply that if they file I-140 and I-485 they get RFE that is NOT true even if they file only I-140 then also BCIS sends RFE for few cases. Request your employer to file I-140, I-485, EAD, AP for you and I-485, EAD, AP for dependents( you may have to pay the fees for dependents).
After filing I-140 I-485 you may get EAD in 90 days but DON’T use EAD till your I-140 is NOT approved, file for H1 extension, you will be also eligible for 7th Year H1 extension if I-140 filed or I-485 pending

Question regarding I-485 Filing

Hi!

I just got my labor approved in 2nd week of december. Now me and my wife are filing for 140 and 485 concurrently. The question i have is regarding my wife's passport and her biographic info. Her passport is in her maiden name as we well as her H-4 Visa. My question is do I fill 485 with her maiden name or her married name? Do I need to have her passport changed to married name before I apply for I-485? If not, do they issue her green card in her maiden name or her married name? Please guide me in this matter.

Thanks
AB

Re: Question regarding I-485 Filing

Originally posted by abhatt76
Hi!

I just got my labor approved in 2nd week of december. Now me and my wife are filing for 140 and 485 concurrently. The question i have is regarding my wife's passport and her biographic info. Her passport is in her maiden name as we well as her H-4 Visa. My question is do I fill 485 with her maiden name or her married name? Do I need to have her passport changed to married name before I apply for I-485? If not, do they issue her green card in her maiden name or her married name? Please guide me in this matter.

Thanks
AB

Depends on what your wife wants. If she wishes to bee addressed by her maiden name, you can file AOS with her maiden name. In this case, the H4 stamping should have your name.

If she wishes to be addressed by her married name then you first need to change the name in the passport and then apply for AOS.

hth
dyno