I 140 and 485 issue

indiagirl

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

I filed my I 140 in the month of July. I checked the status online and it just says that my 140 was received on so and so date. In the mean time, I got the news that I can file 485 simultaneously. So, I applied for my I 485 last month.

People who applied later than me, got approved for 140. Me and some of my colleagues applied for 485 the same day and they have got the finger printing date and for me I do not even got my receipt notice for I 485.

Can I 485 be processed without I 140 approval?

What should I do? Any body in the same state?

I need some help. Please advice me on this.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my receipts for concurrent filing after four weeks. Check your bank account whether your check is realised. That is one way of knowing that your application is accepted.

Patiance pays !

Indiagirl,

Please let us know the category ie is it EB2 or EB3.

I have seen some July I-140 approvals recently. U may also get your approval soon....don't worry...

No I-485 cannot be processed with out an approved I-140.

Please look for similar cases under

ImmigrantVisas(Green Cards)\I-485 Issues\Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?postid=373931#post373931

Hope this helps...

Good Luck
Rakesh

I140 &I485

I was told that there is a chance of rejection of I485 if the employer writes to INS that the employee has left the job before 180 days. I would like to know what if the employer choses to inform the INS in writing if the employee has left the job AFTER 180 days-that the employee left the job or that he( the employer) would like to withdraw the I140 petition as the employee has left the job?
Thanks

I140 &I485

I was told that there is a chance of rejection of I485 if the employer writes to INS that the employee has left the job before 180 days. I would like to know what if the employer choses to inform the INS in writing if the employee has left the job after 180 days-that the employee left the job or that he( the employer) would like to withdraw the I140 petition as the employee has left the job?
Thanksafter

My checks for I485 got cashed today. I think it took 4-5 weeks for INS for concurent filing of I140 and 485.