I-131; AP reasons

woodenshoe101

Registered Users (C)
I did a search but couldn't really find anything.

Regarding filing I-131 for advanced parole, what are considered valid reasons to apply for AP (other than family emergencies/business travel)? My (USC) wife and I are preparing the packet to file for my AOS, and were wondering what chance we stand for an approved AP that will allow us to spend X-mas with my family in Europe.

Since filing I-131 concurrent with I-130/485 incurs no fee, we thought we'd file it to see what UCSIS says (if you don't ask, you're for sure not going to get it).

If we don't get approved, no big deal - just would be nice if it did ;).

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I did a search but couldn't really find anything.

Regarding filing I-131 for advanced parole, what are considered valid reasons to apply for AP (other than family emergencies/business travel)? My (USC) wife and I are preparing the packet to file for my AOS, and were wondering what chance we stand for an approved AP that will allow us to spend X-mas with my family in Europe.

Since filing I-131 concurrent with I-130/485 incurs no fee, we thought we'd file it to see what UCSIS says (if you don't ask, you're for sure not going to get it).

If we don't get approved, no big deal - just would be nice if it did ;).

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

I just wrote that i need to go back home to visit family that i haven't seen in years. They hardly deny AP unless something is wrong with ur I-485

I also put the reason as visit family in Canada and asked for multiple entries as well. Should be no problem at all.

Sweet, thanks for your answers folks. I figured it might not have been that strict as the majority of filers seems to include I-131 in their packet.