I-130 transferred to NBC

I also got a letter from USCIS that it has been transferred to Local consulate for reviewing and further decision on CSPA calculation claim. since May 2013 no answer yet.

i-130 for F1 at VSC

Hi. It's been great reading everyone's stories on here and I must say that some have encouraged me while a lot of them have discouraged the heck outta me. My mom is a USC and she recently filed a petition on my behalf. They received my petition on the 15th of July and forwarded it to VSC. I'm 30 years old and I know I have a while to wait but I was just wondering if anyone on here is going through a similar situation or can give me any info on all of this. I started tracking the progress on my case and it's on initial processing. I was in the US when my mom filed but I came back to Liberia to wait for a decision to be made on my case (I didn't want my visa to expire- then I would be out of status) and then I will go back on a B1/B2 visa and file for a change of status. This is my GRAND plan but I just wanted to know approximately how long it will take for a decision to be made so that I can put my plan into action. I was told by someone that consular processing takes longer then if I did it the other way.