I-130 transferred to NBC

Legend3303

This I received from USCIS on March 20, 2009 "I-130 transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

I filed petition for my sister in March 2006 she is not in America, she had a GC and left America in end of 2002. I want to to know is any one received above type letter from USCIS.

I too received the same letter:
Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: This case has been sent to our local office for processing.

On March 9, 2009, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am not sure and too trying to find out why. My sister was deported with her whole family and this was filed after that so I am hoping that they will even consider her to come back here.

My I-130 was transferred to NBC a month ago and yesterday I received an approval notice. That was fast!

vtbngyn,
Thank you for you notice.
Can you tell us ,please, did you apply for a sibling also? What 's the petition priority day?

Thank you.

PS I received an email that VSC transferred my sister's petition to NBC a month ago but I never received a case status update that my petition is pending in NBC now. I friend of mine's had such an update . How about your case? Did you get a notice that you case has been received and pending with NBC?Thanks again for your attention.

I am a US citizen petitioning for my sister. And today, I got an email notification that my case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing! It’s so fast after they transferred to NBC (I guess the people there need work). I guess my case has to wait in line for a visa.

HI, Please help me find out the processing time ? A year ago, I check my status on egov.uscis.gov (USCIS) website, the processing time is more than 13 years ( My sister filled the form I130, I'm from Vietnam and I add the time of California Service Center + USCIS National Average + USCIS National Goal together) but now, yesterday, I check again, the processing time was change. It just have 4 years. So , what is the processing time? Is it the time we will finish all docs and we can come to USA? My case : Form I130, U.S citizen filling for brother or sister, California Center.

My sister now in USA, and my family in Vietnam. My case is later than my brother and sister 1 months. Now I get result below:

My file (single) : "On November 19, 2008, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

My family (brother was married and my sister was married too): "On February 19, 2010, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I-130 for relatives (brother & sister)

dear littlewindy23:

The processing time can be vary, but the most important thing is when your sister in US filed the I-130, she should receive the reply a few weeks later from Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) the Form I-797 Notice of Action, this form states the Receipt number, Receipt date, name of Petitioner, name of Beneficiary, etc. and the Notice type is "Receipt Notice". Your sister needs to keep this reply in a safe place, the most important point is the Receipt number (because this number identifies your file) and the Receipt date (because this will become your priority date). Then about 3-4 years later (for F4 brothers, sisters sponsorship), the DHS will have time to open your file and do a document check, if all document is OK the DHS will transfer the file to the Dept of States, National Visa Center to wait until your priority date comes up, the DHS will also send you a second I-797 Form Notice of Action, it has the Priority date on it and the notice type is "Approval Notice". Your sister needs to keep this Form in a safe place and send you a copy (I'll tell you why it is important). Here is a timeline of my sister's case:
I-130 sent out: Mar 12, 2006 for Nguyen XXX
Receipt Notice from DHS: Mar 24, 2006, file number: WAC 06-023-xxxxx
Approval Notice from DHS: Feb 12, 2010 with the Priority date given: March 16, 2006
Based on the Visa Bulletin at this moment (Mar 2010), F4 cases with the priority date prior than Jan 2000 have visa available so I make a predict that the US immigrant visa for my sister will be available in 2016. The length of wait is approx. 10-11 years for F4 (brothers , sisters sponsorship).

Is it necessary to get a transfer notice?

I filed I-130 for my sister in other country and received a receipt notice on Octocber 2008.
14 months later, on December 2009 I received a transfer notice from Vermont Service Center said the case transfer to USCIS-NBC.
However, I also filed I-130 for my brother in other country and received a receipt notice on March 2009. Now already 14 months later, I didn't receive a transfer notice.
I would like to ask:
1. Every case has to transfer to NBC?
2. Why I didn't receive a transfer notice for my brother's petition? Anything wrong?

hey wana know something...my husband is an us citizen......we filed petition in January it is approved in march....so now how long it will take more?????

hello every one

can some one help me out

my wife is a us born citizen and has applied for me as a spouse and now the document has reached NBC. What does it mean.

Also my 5 months it reaches on the 17 of april 2011 and it was sent on the 7th april 11 to NBC.

Can some one help me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
About Transfer Notices....

A transfer notice is not very important. It merely lets you know that the USCIS workload has been reallocated to a location with more people available to process then pending cases.

NBC is part of the Field Ops Directorate that includes the local District and Field Offices. NBC or MSC (Missouri Service Center) is NOT a real "Service Center" within USCIS. While they do certain case adjudications (like Orphan petitions and most FOIA requests and FOIA Appeals for example) their primary function is to prepare cases for transfer to local offices for interviews (N-400s and I-485s).

The significance of transfer to NBC depends on WHAT is transferred. A preference I-130 that is supposed to be filed as an adjustment and the priority date is close or the I-485 HAS been filed is an indication of case progress. An IR case heading there is a good sign also.

BUT the FB4 (sibling) I-130 being sent someplace 6 or 10 years before the priority date is due to become current is merely a sign that USCIS has shuffled a backlog to a place where they need more work.

Your case is clear cut. With a USC spouse, Visa numbers are always readily available. You need not worry about anything. Transfer to benefit center is just to speed up the paper work.

thanks 5150, i am just worried cause the cause has not been approved and sent there thats why

any other reason beside this can any one tell me thanks

interview question for people getting interview:
1. bring alot of pictures cause they want to see your pictures in different clothes, and different place.
2. make sure you bring all the affidavits from people and parents that you are married.
3. official document such as marriage certificate.
4. lease documents, credit cards, health and insurances.
5. approval notice of i 130
now going to NVC

this is my time line for every one

so far this is what we have done

I130 and I129F Case for Immediate Spouse of USC
I130 filled= October 17th 2010
NOA1 for I130= October 19th 2010
I129F Filled= December 8 2010
NOA1 for I129f=December 12th 2010
I130 transferred from CSC to NBC= March 30th 2011
I130 petitioner to local office=may 30th 2011
I130 petitioner interview=June 26th 2011 approved and case forwarded to NVC
I130 local office sent NOA2= June 27th 2011 approved
I129F NOA2= August 2nd 2011 approved sent to NVC
NVC Proces
I130 case received on July25th 2011
AOS paid on= July 30th 2011
DS 3032 sent= July 30th 2011
DS3032 recieved by NVC= August 2nd 2011
AOS Payment received by NVC= August 3rd 2011
IV bill received and paid on = August 4th 2011

has it been approved yet or not, and also what are you filing for your husband i 130 or i129f

are you USC or Which category do you fall under

thanks

i did file for my husband is i 130 and i am us citizen and i did file on 07/24/2010 has been one yeare now and is transfer to nbc and i didn't get approval yet so wht shoud i do can you explain me plz i am worry abt my case can you tell me they gone cole me for interviews or not or wht shoud they do can you give me that ans plz thanks

i did file for my husband is i 130 and i am us citizen and i did file on 07/24/2010 has been one yeare now and is transfer to nbc and i didn't get approval yet so wht shoud i do can you explain me plz i am worry abt my case can you tell me they gone cole me for interviews or not or wht shoud they do can you give me that ans plz thanks

A year for an IR is too long. Were you still an LPR when you filed and natz'd afterwards?

sport plaDesp

This I received from USCIS on March 20, 2009 "I-130 transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

I filed petition for my sister in March 2006 she is not in America, she had a GC and left America in end of 2002. I want to to know is any one received above type letter from USCIS.

My I-130 was transferred to NBC a month ago and yesterday I received an approval notice. That was fast!