I-130 RFE - few questions

phaedrus9

Hello
Been a USC since May 2010. Filed I130 for elder bro in October 2012. Last week, received RFE with response date set for last week of June.
Essentially it says "You did not submit sufficient evidence to establish your claimed relationship tothe beneficiary. Therefore, additional evidence is needed"
Main problem is, both my brother and I DO NOT have birth certificates from India - and we both got non-availability certificates.
So with the 130, I submitted both of out non-availability certs - that show our parents names as well as affidavits from my parents.
This RFE acknowledges that USCIS have these on file and dont resubmit.
They are asking for:
Religious documents - NONE exist
Early school records - 10th Std board exam is the earliest we have.
Medical records - none
Census records - none
Optional DNA testing - option 1 with common parent, option 2 - direct sibling to sibling test.

Has anyone encountered such kind of RFE?
How did you address it ?

Appreciate inputs.
Thanks

Susie - thanks. Brother is in India (Hyd). I am here in US. Internet search led to one AABB certified DNA test facility - DDC Labs in India - ddclaboratories dot com slash immigration-dna-tests. Brother has reached out to them. Question is, would this work ? Can he submit his samples to India accredited lab with the copy of the RFE so that they send the results to USCIS and at the same time I go to a Baltimore lab here and get the same thing done with copy of the RFE and they send to USCIS. Would that satisfy the RFE (ofcourse along with all other documentation tht we can come up with)

We only did our test wholly within the US, but I know your type of test across countries is common - if you call the lab that you want to use they should explain the procedure to you. The lab will need to be able to compare the samples itself to reach a conclusion on the family relationship, so the labs will need to cooperate at some stage - the one in india likely has an associate lab or labs here that it works with.

Thanks so much Susie. Both Baltimore and India labs are DDC labs. So I expect collaboration. Shall post the updates here for posterity purposes.

Did the DNA test (US part)India part was shipped to US embassy. Meanwhile prepared the response with 25 document attachments incl marriage pictures and submitted response mid-May. Mid-June the I130 has been approved. US embassy in India is still closed. I only paid a quarter of DNA test fees. Now that 130 is approved, can we abandon the remaining part of DNA test(which means they won't send me or USCIS the results) and I can save close to 500$.

Hello phaedrus9,

I also received same RFE could you please tell me what all documents you submitted?
It will great help.
Thanks in advance.