i-130 Petition for my Mother

kamranashraf1

Registered Users (C)
I am a us citizen and going to file a i-130 petition for my mother. To bring my mother to live in the United States, i have to give a copy of my birth certificate along with other documents.

Question?

My Pakistani birth certificate dose not have my mother name on it. old Pakistani birth certificates only have father on it name. In this case what to do?

Thanks in advance.

U.S, State Department website says:

Pakistan

Birth Certificates

Available. Reporting of births is voluntary, and records are not uniformly kept, particularly in rural areas. Almost all records of vital statistics of the Karachi Municipality were burned in 1948. Where a record of birth exists, a certificate to that effect may be obtained from the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Director of Health Services in the municipality or, in rural areas, from the union council, district council or district health officer. Caution should be used, however, in accepting such certificates, since they frequently do not match the original ledgers. Births also may be registered late. In lieu of a birth certificate, Pakistanis often use school records attested by the headmaster or principal of the school or matriculation certificates, both of which identify the father and the date of birth.

You may have to resort to DNA testing, it might be quicker.