I-130 pending since 2002 for USC

markit

I am USC. I filed I-130 for my spouse with Texas service center in April 2002. My spouse later came to US on K3 visa. For the longest, INS did not work her I-130, stating that she needed to file for I-485. We did that eariler this year and got our initial interview. Low and behold, when we go to the interview, everything seems fine until the officer looks in the folder and does not find I-130. She finds all other documents (i.e. her K3 approval, I-485 and even notice for I-130 but not the actual application).

So she says that she can't approve the I-485 until they locate the I-130?????

Ok. In 2004, before this, I had called the toll free number and they stated that the I-130 file has already been transfered to ATL. Now when I inquired through my congressman, the ATL district office states that they have no record of the transfer and suggest that we file I-485 for her. Based on this, we did file and thought both application would be processed toghether. Not so.

My question is, who can I write/ talk to (other than the 800 number or my congressman - I have already done that)? Is there a phone number for the local Atlanta district director? Is there a good attorney anyone can recommend in the ATL who can follow up about my spouse's case with ATL district office? What is the process if they loose the I-130 petition? What other advise would you guys suggest?

ND - I-130 04/16/2002
ND - I-485 02/01/2005
Initial interview for I-485 12/13/2005